Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

My feet being warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

everlast75 wrote: »
    Kate Bush's "cloudbusting" coming on the radio.

Jesus - what a properly beautiful tune!

May I throw in "The Big Sky" also for extremely happy vibes :)

Woke up today with no hangover and to a lovely blue sky. Getting ready to launch myself out of bed and get some brekkie. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Proper summer weather in May and my son's only t-shirt and shorts outfit actually fitting him despite it being 3-6m size and he's only 6 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

In TV crime drama, a man with a pistol can instantly take out an opponent with an automatic assault rifle with a single shot

edit: I meant to post this in the TA thread, not the TH one. Double TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Driving today with the window down, enjoying the sun for the first time this year and a genius radio dj played the Beatles - here comes the sun. It felt so much like summer for a few minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Had a lovely day in the sun with all my boys.
    had a spa day for the dogs, washed, shampooed, conditioned, blow dried, talc powdered. Spent ages brushing the huge dog. He was absolutely thrilled. He loves being brushed. He kept grunting like a duck he was so happy, waddling on his fat bum trying to inch even closer to me. We lay out in the garden playing ball, and the neighbour passed with her two dogs. Her two dogs were mad to come in, and my two (not on a lead) were so engrossed in our ball game, they didn't even give the neighbours dog a second glance. Anti social dogs but was happy they were enjoying their day with me so much

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

I cycled further than I ever believed I could (85KM) and I'm not wrecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finding out today the reason for my nauseousness and vomitting is nothing another course of anti biotics won't cure. Skipping out of that doctors, delighted to be 50 euro down with that nugget of great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The smell of gorse blossom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Making the perfect sandwich with all the finest ingredients you want...

Almost as good to make as it is to eat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

When I get home from work and i'm greeted by my furbaby doing a little dance in the hall cause shes so happy to see me, then immediately demanding to be picked up for cuddles.. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

I went into work early today so I got to leave early!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Making the perfect sandwich with all the finest ingredients you want...

Almost as good to make as it is to eat!

I once made a toasted sandwich that was so nice I was singing to it while I was eating it. Yes.

Me and my nephew had super snuggles today and he ended up kind of stroking my fingers and it was so relaxing!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Probably been said before, but it's a great feeling to be agonising in a shop over whether or not to buy that very expensive item. You bite the bullet, decide to go for it & discover at the cashdesk that theres 50% off. Happy dance all the way home.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I know it sounds wrong mid May but the sound of rain on my window......love it :0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Driving along and being flashed by a car coming towards me to let me know there is a speed trap ahead and being able to return the favour further down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

Driving along and being flashed by a car coming towards me to let me know there is a speed trap ahead and being able to return the favour further down the road.

Can't stand drivers who flash their lights to warn of speed traps...if you're speeding, you deserve to be caught.

Oops, off to 'Trivial Things That Annoy Me' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The YOPPA wrote: »
    Can't stand drivers who flash their lights to warn of speed traps...if you're speeding, you deserve to be caught.

Oops, off to 'Trivial Things That Annoy Me' thread

not at all, actually helps makes the roads much safer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

New socks, it just feels lovely, never the same after they've been washed.
    An ice cold can of beer after a long hard day.
    Curry sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,181 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Flashing every speeding driver as I'm driving past them. You just can't beat that look of appreciation coupled with the occasional thumbs up as they thankfully pass by.... you just know they'll be on the lookout for the next 2-3 mins!

(I may not have done that before but I may have planted a seed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Friend (and his dog) arrived here today after being away for nearly 2 months. Big welcome from friend but his dog was nearly crying while saying hello. Had me in tears which was made worse by the dog licking them off my face :o

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

Yeah, makes the roads safer until he/she passes the speed trap then off again endangering others...get a grip.

Try doing it within sight of a Garda car, see how you get on.

Now , to get this thread back on track...trivial things that make me happy..."when I know I'm right" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

FanadMan wrote: »
    Big welcome from friend but his dog was nearly crying while saying hello. Had me in tears which was made worse by the dog licking them off my face :o

Witnesses something similar in Biarritz airport. Mother comes out of arrivals to normal embraces from husband and two kids ( kids age around 10 & 12 maybe ) there was a small short haired terrier with them. Well the terrier did his nut, jumping as high as he could , loosing his balance in the air , and this was repeated over and over. As a dog lover this warmed the proverbial cockles.:P

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baby slept from 10:30pm until nearly 4. A proper stretch of sleep at last! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Freshly brushed teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A nice warm shower after being out in that shíte weather for half the night!

Falling down a Youtube rabbit hole. I feel invigorated after listening to loads of classics from when I was a young beure. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

After sitting in my classroom, colouring over the names of the colours for the children, I realised how much I love my job. I just bloody love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I think my idiot neighbours who never walked their big Akita type dog but left him in the (tiny) garden all day, barking, running around in circles (paths in grass verify this) and annoying everyone, have finally rehomed him, hopefully to a more deserving home.

He probably bit one of them out of boredom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Aglomerado wrote:
    I think my idiot neighbours who never walked their big Akita type dog but left him in the (tiny) garden all day, barking, running around in circles (paths in grass verify this) and annoying everyone, have finally rehomed him, hopefully to a more deserving home.

people like that bug hell out of me 😈

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement