Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

bobskii wrote: »
    people like that bug hell out of me 😈

+1. Animal ownership is a privilege, not a right! Anyway, I'm happy that their garden will no longer be full of mud and dog poo... Soon their kids will be able to venture outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Fresh sheets and pillowcases. Mattress flipped. About to have a shower and slip into my cozy haven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A lovely big dump!

You know what they say, tis better to have an empty house than a bold lodger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The contrast in my dogs personalities. The older one sees me, will trot over to me and drop his squeeky ball at my feet for a game of fetch. Fetch is his favourite thing in the world, followed closely by being brushed. He'll come looking for hugs and affection when you come home initially, but then he'll lie beside you on the couch content you're nearby.

The little one, on the other hand, is a space cadet. He's needy. So needy. He comes to the bathroom and howls if you have the audacity to close the door. He sits at the shower door, scratching it trying to rescue me. He hates the shower, he must think I'm trapped. He knows he's not allowed in my bed. Thems be the rules and he knows this. So, sometimes I'll pretend to be sleeping and he'll sneak in. Then you can feel him putting his little paws up... He's not getting told off, so he proceeds with caution. He'll get up on the bed, lie down next to me. Still not in trouble. He'll get up and lie on the pillow at my head. Still no trouble and you can tell he's the happiest dog in the world as his tail beats off the pillow 100 miles an hour. He'll continue inching closer and closer to my face until he can't contain his excitement anymore. He'll pounce on me and frantically lick my face. It's like a game. How many kisses can he get on my face before I leap out of the bed to get away?

It always cheers me up though. They're good doggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Driving to work in the sunshine, my son being up to wave me off, no traffic on the M50....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I cannot understate how much I love the sun and heat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Bringing in washing bone dry off the line the last two days. No faffing about with clothes horses, it makes life so much easier. There is hope I'll finally see the bottom of the laundry basket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

73Cat wrote:
    Bringing in washing bone dry off the line the last two days. No faffing about with clothes horses, it makes life so much easier. There is hope I'll finally see the bottom of the laundry basket

I finally got to the end of mine today. It's the best feeling ever.

I love this weather. I love driving home with the windows down singing my heart out. I hope it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Next door's pet lamb is straying in my garden. He's got a fierce set of lungs on him, so I heard the bleating and went out to investigate. As soon as he saw me he came running over to say hello. (Ok, he's hand-reared so he was looking for a bottle really, but leave me to my delusions!)

I'm waiting to see if he'll make his own way back, otherwise I'll have to try to catch him and carry him. What's the bet he'll suddenly get shy then!

Being self aware. Knowing my strengths and my flaws. Knowing I'm a bit of a drama queen, accepting that and also knowing I'm okay with that because I'm a nice person and I'm generally quite happy with my lot. I work super hard, and have good holidays, a beautiful house, and nice clothes cosmetics and shoes. I'm happy that I'm surrounded by good people, who care about me and make me happy. I'm happy that I don't have a chip on my shoulder about people who don't even matter to me, who are they again? I'm happy how strong i am, and how strong I am able to bounce back from having to rebuild my entire life without any support. I'm happy that I'm not so consumed by money and that I can help out people who mean a lot to me when it doesn't benefit me financially.

I suppose I'm trivially happy that I am finally comfortable with myself, and my personality and my general life situation that I find people who are so negative and miserable and generally unhappy with their lives deserve some of my pity and none of my anger. I'm a lucky girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

BBQ prawns and fishcakes cooked perfectly (not by me) and eating out in the garden al fresco :)

Being self aware. Knowing my strengths and my flaws. Knowing I'm a bit of a drama queen, accepting that and also knowing I'm okay with that because I'm a nice person and I'm generally quite happy with my lot. I work super hard, and have good holidays, a beautiful house, and nice clothes cosmetics and shoes. I'm happy that I'm surrounded by good people, who care about me and make me happy. I'm happy that I don't have a chip on my shoulder about people who don't even matter to me, who are they again? I'm happy how strong i am, and how strong I am able to bounce back from having to rebuild my entire life without any support. I'm happy that I'm not so consumed by money and that I can help out people who mean a lot to me when it doesn't benefit me financially.

I suppose I'm trivially happy that I am finally comfortable with myself, and my personality and my general life situation that I find people who are so negative and miserable and generally unhappy with their lives deserve some of my pity and none of my anger. I'm a lucky girl.

Happy for you Lexie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Apologies in advance to any Catholics who might be offended by this, but ...

I feckin love communion bread! I'm atheist but occasionally, like today, I go to mass anyways and it's worth sitting through the other 40 minutes for that lovely little wafer of deliciousness. (Hey, I live in a hospital, opportunities for entertainment are limited!)

Someone should go into business selling them in little bags, like chocolate buttons, except communion buttons instead. I'd buy them ...

Half tempted to start a thread on it. Holy communion - how do you eat yours? Munch it or let it slowly melt on your tongue? Do you take it in your hand or straight into your mouth from the priest? (Sounds sooo durty.) Anyways I'm not arsed starting a thread. But someone else should!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My friend just invited me up to play with a new kitten. Yay for kittens. I'm never going to be a cat owner but I do appreciate cats in others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

A silent fart

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I'm off to Galway on Thursday for the night to hang out with one of my favourite people :D

A stray cat has given birth to one kitten in my kitchen and has more on the way :O I might cry with happiness at the tiny little meowing thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Apologies in advance to any Catholics who might be offended by this, but ...

I feckin love communion bread! I'm atheist but occasionally, like today, I go to mass anyways and it's worth sitting through the other 40 minutes for that lovely little wafer of deliciousness. (Hey, I live in a hospital, opportunities for entertainment are limited!)

Someone should go into business selling them in little bags, like chocolate buttons, except communion buttons instead. I'd buy them ...

Half tempted to start a thread on it. Holy communion - how do you eat yours? Munch it or let it slowly melt on your tongue? Do you take it in your hand or straight into your mouth from the priest? (Sounds sooo durty.) Anyways I'm not arsed starting a thread. But someone else should!

That's the funniest sht I've read in a while.

Are you in a mental hospital or something lady?

I was driving today and saw a black cloud of smoke in front of me. Thought 'oh no, that's not good, something's on fire and it's not just a bonfire'.

Turned a bend and the source of the smoke was revealed - a steam train! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

After eights, there so disgustingly nice and individually packaged. They were on offer in lidl , I'm eating them in bed now feeling like a rich person that can afford sweets when it's not a special occasion ☺

• Advertisement

Went to the beach today in the place I went to college. I haven't been back there in many years. Today as we strolled down the beach, holding hands with the luckiest man in Ireland, I realised that years ago, when I moved down there first, he was my best friend. Sometimes he'd come down and we'd spend the weekend together as just friends, sitting on the beach, drinking cans, talking about the most random stuff, getting so close.

And now today, 9 years later, we were back in the same place, but this time as an engaged couple.

I am thrilled. I am beyond happy. For no reason. I'm delighted we went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

That's the funniest sht I've read in a while.

Are you in a mental hospital or something lady?

Not sure if you were joking when you asked that, but as it happens, yeah it's a psychiatric hospital, been here a few months now!

This should go in that thread about the horriblest things you've accidentally said to someone! :D (Don't worry I'm not actually offended or anything!)

Happy coz it looks like I'll be discharged at the end of this week. The cabin fever is killing me!

Happy coz it looks like I'll be discharged at the end of this week. The cabin fever is killing me!

You should be more than trivially happy about that. I've never met you, but have read some of your posts about this over the last few months, and this news has made me happy.

And on a Monday morning when it's lovely outside and I'm stuck in a dark office that's some achievement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My pyjama bottoms have pockets :)

Also, when pealing my hard boiled eggs, the sheep came off perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My pyjama bottoms have pockets :)

Also, when pealing my hard boiled eggs, the sheep came off perfectly :)

I'm TH you got sheep with your eggs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Cats chasing their tails.

Sun. I could spend hours just sitting out, doing nothing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I'm TH you got sheep with your eggs! :D

:D:D

*shell

The new 5 kittens that were born in my kitchen yesterday. Huge surprise because she was a stray. It's so nice just sitting and watching the little babies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The Eagles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The Eagles.
    Just reminded me of my Don Henley tickets :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement