Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just dropped a nice loose rope after days of constipation

Feeling great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Flying along in the bus corridor past a traffic jam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

homemade scones someone baked and brought it in :)

Realising that I am a Millennial and not a Generation-X'er

Yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

This kitteh was abandoned but thankfully my friend happened upon her on the road and rescued her. She got the all clear from the vet. She's six weeks old and is going to live in a lovely new home. I spent all day Sunday saying: AWWWWWWW!

WP_20160515_15_33_21_Pro_zps8hzrvdpn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finally getting some answers why I'm always so pukey and nauseous.
    My dr thinks it's either my gallbladder or that I'm coealic. He is expecting results back today. So naturally, because today's potentially my last day of my favourite things in the world, I'm going to spend the entire day shoving as much of my favourite food into my mush. I'm going to have ice cream too. Just for good measure.

My new mattress. I hadn't realised how uncomfortable the old one had become until I replace it.

I practically purr when I get into bed now, I like my comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Seen this today - really made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

failinis wrote: »
    Seen this today - really made me smile.

Like an old man leaning on the gate chatting to the passers by :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Finally getting some answers why I'm always so pukey and nauseous.
    My dr thinks it's either my gallbladder or that I'm coealic. He is expecting results back today. So naturally, because today's potentially my last day of my favourite things in the world, I'm going to spend the entire day shoving as much of my favourite food into my mush. I'm going to have ice cream too. Just for good measure.

I'm being tested for coeliac disease too. Small world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I'm being tested for coeliac disease too. Small world!

I was tested, but told it was negative. My symptoms are basically bang on for it though so even my GP was surprised.

Another happy thing is that my deadlines for my 1st year at Uni are over on Friday :D

The twice yearly event where the luckiest man makes me feel like the luckiest woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The twice yearly event where the luckiest man makes me feel like the luckiest woman.

Trip to the Zoo?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Trip to the Zoo?

:D:D no (though you know me well that would literally be the best thing ever right now!)

He stayed with me all night in a+e, didn't go to work today to stay with me because he knew I'd be rising holy hell with being poked at and not listened to. No smart comments about me being whingey, brushed my hair and tied it up for me so I didn't have to bend my arm with a cannula in, hasn't slept and is still being nice to me and rubbing my feet. That'll be him done now til Xmas :D
    He credits each new grey hair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^

Phew. I was almost afraid to ask.

Get well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

KatW4 wrote: »
    A stray cat has given birth to one kitten in my kitchen and has more on the way :O I might cry with happiness at the tiny little meowing thing.

I imagine your whole life is like a Whiskas commercial:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Finally home, watching rubbish telly having a bottle of beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Shannon757 wrote:
    I imagine your whole life is like a Whiskas commercial

Whiskas commercials have nothing on me. There are currently 9 cats in my house! (5 of them are new born to be fair). The furry little faces make me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just got an envelope from HR. (Oh no! What did I do?) "You have 335.08 hours of holidays to use this year." That's over 41 days!

Now I just need to find somewhere to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

You're out and about on a cold winters day and you have a runny nose.

You search your pockets for a snotrag and either you can't find one or any tissue you do find has disintegrated into shreds of confetti and is no longer fit for purpose.

Eventually you check the back pockets in your jeans and not only do you find a pristine piece of tissue paper but it is actually warm because you were sitting on it. It's so satisfying to dry your nose with that warm tissue.

• Advertisement

Trying on a dress in a store, not buying it and then going online to buy the same dress with a 20% discount. :)

Getting to the ESB bill before anyone else. (My bill goes to my parents' house) I'm behind with it but it's my birthday next week so should get enough cash gifts to clear it. Hooray! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Starting work early in the day = leaving early :)

Picking my cousin up from the airport tonight, he's recently had a bad accident but is recovering well after a spell back with his parents. Now I get a chance to look after him a bit instead of feeling helpless and useless and too far away. :)

I'm doing a good deed this afternoon. It involves relatively little effort on my part but it's really helping someone out. *basks in warm feelings*

My partners mammy makes me happy. She's the kindest person I know. She has three boys, but treats me no differently than she treats her own. She is boss. I love seeing her. She knows exactly what to do when I'm not sure how to be an adult anymore. Takes a lot of pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My partners mammy makes me happy. She's the kindest person I know. She has three boys, but treats me no differently than she treats her own. She is boss. I love seeing her. She knows exactly what to do when I'm not sure how to be an adult anymore. Takes a lot of pressure off.

My boyfriends step mum is like this. She's amazing and would do anything for anyone. People like this make the world a better place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A good stretch on the couch....and it's nearly the weekend with the possible prospect of FNB's too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TH to hear Al Stewart "Year of the cat" playing in my local Supervalu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

getting into bed after a long few days of work and knowing I'm off tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement