Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Hottie letting me out into the traffic this morning for work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

When people thank me for letting them out into traffic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

having the house to myself

lying on the sofa with the TV remote in my hand, aaahhh sheer bliss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When I don't have time for breakfast but when I arrive at work there is a bowl of M&Ms on my desk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Running into work on a Friday and having an endorphin buzz all morning whilst also repeatedly remembering that it's Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting home today!! Deliirrrat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Friday's are pretty good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I have just been discharged from hospital and have officially submitted my final illness benefit certificate after being on it for a year.

New job starting Monday. The money isn't great, but as someone who has worked for all of my life since I was old enough to (until I got unwell), it was a great feeling sending off that final cert. :) I will get so much satisfaction with my first salary payment - finally getting my independence back and not relying on benefits anymore.

Onwards and upwards from here, fingers crossed! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

My rare CD collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When Verified by Visa works the first time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Getting a strawberry Cornetto from your boss on a Friday afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Funny euphenisms

This is a really lame reason to be happy but feck it. Each time I think about it today it's made me smile, as trivial as it is.

I am a very very light sleeper, you could blow on me and I'd be awake. So, after a very long time i managed to fall asleep last night. Out for the count. Next thing I know, the health care assistant on the ward absolutely BOOMED into my ear to wake me up at 6am. "HELLO!" She said. Talk about creeping up on someone. I got such a fright I think my heart stopped. "I'm just here to take your blood pressure!" ****ing hell woman, I'd say it was actually sky high after that fright.
    Giggling all day though thinking of her sneaking around, and nurses probably wondering why everyone has crazy high blood pressure first thing in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crabbysamwich

Napping on the couch in a sunny room is my happy place. Particularly after a busy day/week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The painkillers I got yesterday. Wow, the relief, and they blow the head off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The painkillers I got yesterday. Wow, the relief, and they blow the head off me.

What was your pain, hon. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I spotted a biker coming up behind me on the main road today, so moved over as always to give him extra room to pass. He dropped the hand in salute. I swear it makes me tingle , I love bikers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I was awake all Wednesday night, feeling sick as a dog about having to travel for a doctor's appointment. Then I spent almost four hours getting to the doctor, an hour or two waiting, the doctors gave out to me, then an hour on the bus back to the train station. I'm on a diet, but I thought feck it, and got taco fries and chicken nuggets in Hueston Station. I'd say I looked frazzled as fcuk. No sleep, hours travelling, doctors tutting, but the woman who took my order had the nicest smile. She was just so calm, and friendly. She put the food in front of me, and I tried to pick up the tray, but I think I was shaking. She picked up it for me and just smiled and said, "Enjoy."

I honestly can't remember someone in a takeaway coming across as so jolly. I was ready to nope out of there, book myself a hotel, and drink myself into a stupor with all my rent money. I was so fecking close to it. Just "Feck this, I'm outta here. I give up." And she smiled, and she meant it, and I was calm for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just got ridiculously happy watching a golden retriever puppy having it's belly rubbed on Instagram - I'm a fool for them!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

inbetweeners box set!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

bobskii wrote: »
    inbetweeners box set!

When i'm in a bad mood or just need cheering up i watch that. Never fails to make me smile. Fresh Meat is also very good. It even has one of the actors from Inbetweeners in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

must invest in that so!love the inbetweeners .never seen them all only getting round to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Getting to the deli just as the jambons are coming out of the oven :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

73Cat wrote: »
    I spotted a biker coming up behind me. He dropped the hand, tingle , I love bikers :)

:eek:

No wonder you were happy :P

Thinking there's no food in the house because you didn't do any food shopping this week. Getting up hungry during the night, to look for an apple or whatever else was left over from last week... Only to find an ENTIRE packet of mini rolls in the fridge. I opened the fridge in the dark, and i wondered if I was hallucinating, but nope. They were real. Take that, Apple!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

No work today and having a french fancy for breakfast

http://youtu.be/TfAMtqVFzv8

This video makes me happy. Beyond happy. Can't cope with it.

So..

Christy Moore did a cover of one of my family member's songs and is being made essentially the tentpole of his newest album.

This makes me very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

So..

Christy Moore did a cover of one of my family member's songs and is being made essentially the tentpole of his newest album.

This makes me very happy.
    Was it one of the songs he sang last night on the Late Late? Christy makes me happy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thought the Front-Door of my Apartment had been copper-coined. :eek: Live in very isolated un-suspecting area too which would make something like that all the more plausible. Last 48 hours of hell and turmoil. Left my house Thursday morning happy-out, hadn't pencilled-in or planned on my house being scoped out to be robbed to form part of my day!! But Cop said it didn't look fresh or recent, most likely someone must have jammed them in there ages ago maybe door was broke or draughty or something! He was quite a cute Cop too! Easy on the eye hah! Butttt at the same time, ya never know with these things...

Ohhhhh the relief!!!!

Soooooo much of living is just naturally taken for granted.

Has certainly given me a bigger better appreciation for/of our Elderly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement