Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Salty chips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I'm getting a kitty! A little white one. Eeeeep the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I don't know what "older" is. I'm just into my thirties, is that "older"? I suppose it is, because there was a time when it annoyed me (much like being asked for ID) and now all of a sudden it's a blessing lol :D

Note to self: It's ok to get caught checking out women in their 30s.

That'll remove some of the discomfort of trying to bring peripheral vision into focus. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

truly a trivial thing but the brown recycling bin arrived today.

I can do more recycling and it frees up space in the rubbish bin. actually looking forward to cutting the grass now (sad but true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

I'm getting a kitty! A little white one. Eeeeep the excitement!

Don't eat it all in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'm in my late thirties so that's older :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

everlast75 wrote: »
    truly a trivial thing but the brown recycling bin arrived today.

I can do more recycling and it frees up space in the rubbish bin. actually looking forward to cutting the grass now (sad but true)

Wait til you have to clean it. Yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Half price fish and chips day!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

When you finally kill the insect that has been annoying you all evening. Who's the king of the jungle now Mr. Moth?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    When you finally kill the insect that has been annoying you all evening. Who's the king of the jungle now Mr. Moth?

Meanwhile an earthquake devastates parts of China...

Going to a concert tomorrow night, and getting the chance to have a few beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

To enter the carpark I use for work, you put in €2.50 and the barrier raises.
    This morning it only wanted 50 cent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

There's a rake of kids on the train this morning, about 12 of them. Just burst into "cheap thrills" by sia. It's ringing out all over the train and against my better judgement I have a big smile plastered across my mush.
    Now they're singing hit the diff :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Last day of a shift block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Note to self: It's ok to get caught checking out women in their 30s.

That'll remove some of the discomfort of trying to bring peripheral vision into focus. :pac:

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ciaran_B wrote: »

I normally just let them out

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Looking at your work inbox and seeing no emails that need attention.
    Then looking at your watch and seeing that it is an acceptable time to get the fook out here and head home/to the pub.
    Double happiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

http://tinypic.com/r/280jbq9/9

This photo makes me happy and makes me remember my own mama cow. She was 14 when she left our farm. We had her from when she was about two weeks old. She was boss. Loved her so much. But this pic is making me happy out this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I brought some (ridiculously) overdue books back to my college library at lunch time. The librarians have always been absolutely lovely to me, so I brought them a box of chocolates. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Tried out some meditation today from an app I found as it's recommended to help with anxiety. Didn't think it would be of any use at all tbh but I actually really enjoyed it!

My five year old has the star wars books, star wars lego men, star wars posters and a star wars school bag.
    He is now sitting beside me watching the Star wars movie (IV) for the first time....he is beyond happy!

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Soda bread with seedless raspberry jam. Good lord.

My mum makes all of those homemade.

Best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Not really trivial, but a cool good news story:

Dr. Heimlich, inventor of the Heimlich manoeuvre, uses the Heimlich manoeuvre to save a choking woman. He's 96. It's only the second time he has ever done it himself.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36400365

There's a lovely drop of rain. It sounds very nice from inside. I imagine if I were to stand outside it would feel soft.

I like the rain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

There's a lovely drop of rain. It sounds very nice from inside. I imagine if I were to stand outside it would feel soft.

I like the rain :)

Gentle cooling rain on a hot day is so refreshing! :)

Passing an exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

A sunny evening, a nice beer and a spicy ramen topped with a sunny side up egg.

Getting home after a day out and about in the sun.
    Have a shower and there is a rake of sand on the floor of the shower.
    A hot forehead giving the tell tale sign of slight sunburn.
    Slightly sick tummy from the 2 ice cream cones.

Feel like I am 9 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the hot Nutella with marshmallow crepe - my God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

When someone really surprised me by being genuinely touched by a thank you that I thought was tiny in comparison to all they had done to help me over the last while. :)

• Advertisement

The daddy was watching Dermot Bannon's home renovation show. Every Sunday he has it on but likes to give out during it. He says things like "isn't that stupid now what he's doing" or "he's an awful gobshíte" or "oh my God thousands that cost and not a bell on their bike".

Anyway this week's episode made me feel warm and fuzzy. The family were so thrilled and the little girl was jumping up and down on her new bed. Her granny also lived with them. I was thinking of my future and the sort of house I might have and a little family. The daddy living with us as well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement