Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

My delphiniums. You can la Dee la off. I love my delphiniums.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You know when you find a pair of shoes that just WORK for walking? Bliss.

Heels are ok for now and then, but OMG when you find the trainers or shoes that just WORK. Heaven. really.

So that's my TTTMMH

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fleawuss wrote: »
    My delphiniums. You can la Dee la off. I love my delphiniums.

The slugs and snails always got mine, but they are gorgeous, and well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭bnt

New bra feeling! :D
    I can't believe some of the ratty old things my g/f has, underwires poking out etc. It's a good thing underwear goes under the clothes, then. :o

This morning I got to try an alternate guitar tuning method I've been playing with for a while. It's too weird for a normal string set, so I had to spend money on extra strings before I could get it to work properly. So it's nice that it all came together this morning. All the chord shapes are different - but (I think) more logical. I took a song I've never played before in any tuning and learned it in an hour. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    I can't believe some of the ratty old things my g/f has, underwires poking out etc. It's a good thing underwear goes under the clothes, then. :o

This morning I got to try an alternate guitar tuning method I've been playing with for a while. It's too weird for a normal string set, so I had to spend money on extra strings before I could get it to work properly. So it's nice that it all came together this morning. All the chord shapes are different - but (I think) more logical. I took a song I've never played before in any tuning and learned it in an hour. :cool:

Lovely underwear and how it makes me feel makes me happy :)

• Advertisement

I have a friend who is very special to me. We've had a fairly tumultuous time the last few years. A few months ago I really thought our friendship was done. I was all achy inside. Luckily we made up.

He just rang me there. A rare occasion. He can be an awful obnoxious asshole but I love him and talking to him makes me smile. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I wish my obnoxious asshole friend would call me. I told him to go f uck himself in feburary and he hasn't talked to me since. :(

People commenting on my work. Today one of my clients told me she would recommend me for "threader of the month" because the last threading she had done, she only let the girl do one eyebrow because it hurt so much.

Then another client told me I had a gentle touch.

Then my last client told me I had the perfect voice to work with little kids because it's calm and relaxed.

And the man that owns the shop across the road always waves at us when he's walking past. He's nice so I always wave back. Today he told me I wave like a little kid and that puts him in good form.

So even though I now have a complex about my waving, I'm happy it makes someone else happy

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Matt Markinson

An apple turnover from lidl with a nice mug of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Playing tug of war with the dog, I revert to being a child again.

Listening to Lyric FM since 6am, starting with Lyric through the Night. What stunningly spiritual music. The current programme is called Vox Nostra. It's playing medieval and baroque music. Monteverdi's baroque pieces in particular bring me into another world. The other humans are up now and giving me daggers over this music and itching to change the channel to one of the Wafflers. Feck them. This is calm. This is peace. Lyric FM on a Sunday morning ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

My friends doggy.

I'm going through a **** time at the moment and every time I walk into the house the dog gives me lots of love. I love how dogs sense that things aren't well with people. Especially when I'm not even one of his people.

I am off to meet the gentleman later.

Tee Hee!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am off to meet the gentleman later.

Tee Hee!! :pac:

And you are probably hoping he will not act like a gentleman!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Winterlong wrote: »

:eek:

Winterlong wrote: »

Winterlong! I will be having a cup of tea and perhaps a biscuit.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

My trivial happy thing:

I have a highly distractible mind. It's constantly bouncing around, going off in tangents and racing at the speed of lightning; ergo, I'm constantly losing/misplacing things or I go off to do something and stop halfway as I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing.

So this morning my husband asked me to do something but of course I only heard half of what he asked me. He starts to get a little mad with me and says "How come you never listen and you're always losing things". Five minutes later he asks me "Did you see the cap from the milk carton. I swear I had it in my hand a minute ago. Where the hell is it?" as he's wandering around the kitchen in a tizzy looking for it for it everywhere.

Welcome to my world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Adeles new song.

I love love love it.
    And I love singing it loudly even though I can't sing for sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I live near a major tourist attraction, with lots of tourists passing by my place. The front door to where I live is quite distinctive. It makes me happy when I come home to see tourists taking photos of it. I get to get my key out and go in while they crane their necks to get a peek inside. Makes me feel kinda cool. :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Harry Potter on tv , simple pleasures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Wandering around Hodges and Figges on a Sunday afternoon, losing track of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Currently attempting to teach myself German with the Duo Lingo app on my phone. At first, I kept fluffing up the Ein/Eine parts and had to repeat the first 5 minute lesson. Eventually got it and unlocked the next one. Breezed through the Mann/Madchen/ Frau/Herr lesson and got 10 XP points for completing it on my first try. :D
    Wunderbar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

McChubbin wrote: »
    Currently attempting to teach myself German with the Duo Lingo app on my phone. At first, I kept fluffing up the Ein/Eine parts and had to repeat the first 5 minute lesson. Eventually got it and unlocked the next one. Breezed through the Mann/Madchen/ Frau/Herr lesson and got 10 XP points for completing it on my first try. :D
    Wunderbar!

Sehr Gut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Drifting in and out of napping on a Sunday afternoon. Especially as it's raining today = extra cosy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our musical society won best overall show at AIMS last night. That was the best feeling in the world and I still can't believe we won!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

McChubbin wrote: »
    Wunderbar!

Trivially happy because I'm now amusing myself with ththe duo lingo app. Thanks McChubbin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Just got weighed this morning, I have officially lost 9.2kg since I was admitted to hospital in February! That works out at 1 stone and 6.2825 pounds, or as the nurse put it, three newborn babies! :D Yay for hospital food diet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Passed my exams last week, so the weekend was the first time in four years I could actually relax and do nothing. Sat down with the OH last night to start a box set that I have been putting off since I started college, lit the fire, put the feet up and cracked open a bottle of wine. Amazing feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Passed my exams last week, so the weekend was the first time in four years I could actually relax and do nothing. Sat down with the OH last night to start a box set that I have been putting off since I started college, lit the fire, put the feet up and cracked open a bottle of wine. Amazing feeling :)

Fantastic.....hope you gave the OH a right good rattle an all.

Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

That new-toothbrush feeling. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Monday night movie - Grand Budapest Hotel - what a cast :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement