Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Pay has not been credited to my account by B.O.I.

Options
  • 27-02-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Employer confirmed it went through on their end on Tuesday. It should normally be in my account shortly after midnight on Thursday morning.

Instead BOI haven't paid the money in and of course have still taken out the usual debits that come out of my account on the day my pay goes in. Leaving my account overdrawn and me with zero cash.

Answers please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi dartstothesea[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are unsure if you are aware, due to SEPA, payments may arrive later than expected.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]This will be the case going forward, please be assured as soon as credits arrive they will be credited to your account.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Payments will credit your account on the day they are due, they may be delayed by hours but certainly not by days.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

wasn't aware about it causing delay to transactions. Thanks.

Still nothing has come in, FYI. It would always previously have done so no later than 1am that morning, we're talking about a delay of over 14 hours compared to normal now it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dartstothesea,

Before SEPA some credits, particularly salary payments, were applied to customer's accounts before the start of the banking day that the payment is due. Since the introduction of SEPA some payments will now credit within the banking day. In some instances, when a salary was due credit on a Monday it was available on the previous Saturday morning. These types of payments now credit on the Monday.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi dartstothesea,

Before SEPA some credits, particularly salary payments, were applied to customer's accounts before the start of the banking day that the payment is due. Since the introduction of SEPA some payments will now credit within the banking day. In some instances, when a salary was due credit on a Monday it was available on the previous Saturday morning. These types of payments now credit on the Monday.

Thanks
    Tara
    I'm not sure if you're just giving general information there or that's supposed to apply to my situation - my salary is applied by my employers on a tuesday as far as I'm aware. It was previously always in the account then by midnight on Wednesday / 1am in the morning on Thursday morning.

Can I expect my salary to still go into my account after business hours are over this afternoon i.e. post 5pm? Can you say when I could expect my salary to be in the account specifically in my set of circumstances? (as I said it gets paid by my employers on Tuesdays)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dartstothesea,

As we don't have access to account details here, on boards, anything we post is in general terms. Account specific questions need to be raised by contacting BOI365 or your branch. BOI365 can be contacted by sending an Ask a Question query through Online Service Desk or by calling 0818 365 365. Branch contact details can be found here

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

Hi dartstothesea,

Thanks
    Tara

Ahhhh yes more European union streamlining. Op our company 4k employees across European is receiving endless sh@t about this and delays in what was the norm. Dd's being returned etc. Get used to it as its here to stay...

If you could just tell me in general at least if a payment can credit to anyone's account - in general, like I said - between say the hours of 5pm and 12am so I can have some idea whether I definitely won't have any money til tomorrow or whether it's a least a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi dartsofthesea[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can totally understand your frustrations, we do hope your payment has reached your account yesterday evening for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]In general, credits will arrive throughout a banking day, this does not necessarily mean credits will only show within branch banking hours. Although we do not have specific times, the majority of payments can arrive from early morning to late evening. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we can help you further, please ask.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement