Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It's on More4 now. Changes over to C4 from 7.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I really like that staffie! So shiney!

Yeah - very good looking dog. Great muscle definition and moved very well, I thought. Pity he didn't win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

My favourite bit is on at the moment - scruffs! Such lovely dogs -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

That's my best friends Staffie!! I was in backstage with her. Was an amazing day for her, can't believe she got in to the main ring and then got 3rd in the group. Was fantastic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

That wolfhound the own best in group is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

That wolfhound the own best in group is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful dog.

I'm normally terrible picking out the winners, but picked him out by a mile. Absolutely gorgeous...James wasn't it? Looking forward to the Best in Show now, the Rottie is a stunner too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I was nearly in tears at the scrufts. Worthy winner in Miley and then for a first time watcher I totally fell in love with the Wolfhound but I'm biased cos I have a lifelong love for the breed. Just waiting till I have to room to have one.
    The saluki was gorgeous as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Loved the wolfhound, I have a bit of a soft spot for giant breeds. I would love a giant someday but the short lifespans are heartbreaking.

anniehoo wrote: »
    I'm normally terrible picking out the winners, but picked him out by a mile. Absolutely gorgeous...James wasn't it? Looking forward to the Best in Show now, the Rottie is a stunner too.

I love when animals have regular human names. And yes, the Rottie is gorgeous too. Sunday is shaping up to be a good 'un!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Wolfhound was a gorgeous dog. Some size though. I wonder how many bags of feed a month he goes through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

The wolfhound was gorgeous. I must say though that I felt quite sorry for the lady with the Ridgeback...she (and everyone else) thought that they had won but the judge was actually signalling for her to stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Anyone know where I can watch today's footage? Was at work and missed it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

If you go onto crufts official YouTube channel they have a lot of the highlights from today :)

Thanks found it :) For anyone else looking:

11 and a half hours to catch up on, they mightn't see me at work tomorrow morning :D Lovely straight backed german shepherd flying round an agility course about 10 minutes in :)

mosi wrote: »
    The wolfhound was gorgeous. I must say though that I felt quite sorry for the lady with the Ridgeback...she (and everyone else) thought that they had won but the judge was actually signalling for her to stand.

I felt sorry for the mini daschund standing next to the wolfhound in the short list! ;)

Today I learned that scotties also come in wheaten! Always thought they could only be black!

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Today I learned that scotties also come in wheaten! Always thought they could only be black!

I had to do a double take when I saw that Scottie!

mosi wrote: »
    I had to do a double take when I saw that Scottie!

Me too, I thought they'd gotten it wrong and it was an odd looking westie for a second :o

I felt sorry for the mini daschund standing next to the wolfhound in the short list! ;)

Not the two in the Best of Group, but a picture from the Indo's Crufts gallery of a wolfhound and dachshund at the show

cru005.jpg

More here:
    http://www.independent.ie/photos/crufts-dog-show-2014-30069992.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Are Channel 4 showing this again today?

Yes. And will be until the end of the show on Sunday...

Really looking forward to coming home from work, putting the feet up and having a bottle of wine while watching the utility group! Utility and working are my favorites though I'm betting the standard poodle with get the group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I've been loving Crufts this year, have watched it on the tv and the live streaming everyday so far.
    Never really watched the flyball or the HTM before but found it so entertaining this year. Loved the guy who did the routine to "when I'm cleaning windows", hoping he'll win but I also loved the woman who did the routine in the long yellow dress, seemed to be telling a story about water shortages and the woman who did the Tom & Jerry routine.

I loved seeing the boxer, the doberman and the rottweiler on Thursday with their tails still in tact. Brilliant to see that at Crufts.
    I think there has been some great strides made this year in all the breeds and what is being shown.

Adored the wolfhound last night. I thought his personality really came through, seemed like a real loveable happy character. The guy showing him (I think he was also the owner) was showering him with cuddles and kisses too which was lovely to see. I would love to see him win tomorrow.

It has probably been mentioned already but just in case, the main arena is being live streamed on youtube for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

LOL @ them talking about vaccinations there "Wacky remedy" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Really looking forward to coming home from work, putting the feet up and having a bottle of wine while watching the utility group! Utility and working are my favorites though I'm betting the standard poodle with get the group!

There was a lot of working breeds (LSGs) in the first or second group, why wouldn't they be in the working groups?

If I was a betting man, from what I've seen so far, I'd put my money on the Irish Wolfhound winning tomorrow. He was very impressive.

Is that about 3 or 4 BOBs from Ireland in the Utility Group? Well represented!

Good call sillymangox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

3 borderline.

• Advertisement

Good call sillymangox!

I've been watching around the dog world on the horse and country channel whenever it's on, that poodle wins everything! :pac:

Advertisement