Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was over there today and Thursday. Loved it.

Flyball is so much fun. So much noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Colin the Pom is my new hero.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,446 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That wolfhound was AMAZING!

And I too lol'd at him stood beside the (miniature, just to rub it in) dachsund :D

(sorry, playing catchup the whole weekend, bit late with that I know!)

I also loved that Scrufts winner that had been rescued from Afghanistan.... what a gorgeous temperament he seemed to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'm catching up on yesterday's show at the moment , did anybody see the little cavalier doing the agility and running into the weave pole? I felt so bad for laughing XD
    I felt so bad for the owner of the stubborn little Tibetan terrier she looked like she was going to cry :(

I'm really looking forward to the gundog group later, I'll be routing for the labrador and/or springer of course :D after watching the show the last few days I've picked out at least ten other breeds I want :P always wanted a papillon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

SingItOut wrote: »

I'm really looking forward to the gundog group later, I'll be routing for the labrador and/or springer of course :D after watching the show the last few days I've picked out at least ten other breeds I want :P always wanted a papillon

But, will any of the labs taking part in gundog displays be in the breed showing? ;)

• Advertisement

Is this not being shown live this afternoon? Was looking forward to an afternoon in slumped in front of the fire, admiring all the gundogs :mad:

(in between admiring rugby players, of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is this not being shown live this afternoon? Was looking forward to an afternoon in slumped in front of the fire, admiring all the gundogs :mad:

Same here :(

muddypaws wrote: »
    But, will any of the labs taking part in gundog displays be in the breed showing? ;)

Unlikely.

It's being showed on the crufts YouTube channel live all day. And the crufts best in show is on from 7pm to 9pm on channel 4 this evening so I'd imagine they would be showing it live during that show hopefully

The live feed has only been showing the main arena for the whole show, activities finished there earlier on, and they are now getting the people who hold tickets for Best in Show into the arena, so no activities taking place until 4.55pm, when the streaming starts again. I guess they haven't got any cameras set up on the other, smaller rings. :(

• Advertisement

So have we missed the gundogs entirely???

:mad::mad: if so!

Laptop acting up, so youtube not an option, even if it was on.

Bugger!

On the schedule they posted earlier on the channel the gundog showing is just after 5pm

So have we missed the gundogs entirely???

:mad::mad: if so!

Laptop acting up, so youtube not an option, even if it was on.

Bugger!

Its always the same on the Sunday, less coverage because of the BIS judging, but I'm sure they'll be showing the group when its on, BIS isn't on until the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Love the BIS selfie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Looking forward to BIS, feet up for the evening! I think Ricky the Poodle might take it, but I'm backing Brandon the Rottie, what a stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Watching the gundogs and every time the judge examines a dog the Irish Setter is flaked out in the background, being on show doesn't bother it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Watching the gundogs and every time the judge examines a dog the Irish Setter is flaked out in the background, being on show doesn't bother it at all!

All mine love showing! They are bombproof

Loving the American Cocker & Golden Retriever

Knine wrote: »
    All mine love showing! They are bombproof

Loving the American Cocker & Golden Retriever

Coco would be giving the other dogs dirty looks, while loving the human adulation. Benson wouild be grinning like a maniac wanting to play with everybody. Not that they would ever make the show grade, they're little hunting setters:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I reckon either the Standard Poodle or the Samoyed for Best in Show...

I reckon either the Standard Poodle or the Samoyed for Best in Show...

James the wolfhound or Ricky the poodle I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Would love the wolfhound or Sammy but if I was placingn a bet i would say ricky!

Okay I have now placed a bet with my mam, whoever loses has to make dinner tomorrow so the poodle better win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The poodle is tipped to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

James the wolfhound or Ricky the poodle I reckon

How on earth could I forget James? :eek: He's gorgeous too. I liked Colin the Pom and the lovely Rottie as well but sadly I don't think either will place...

But I've done very well picking the group winners so far. 100% hit rate! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm still loving the American Cocker, Also the Pom & Irish Wolfhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm going for Colin the pom or the Irish wolfhound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lucy would try and go asleep I think and put her dad to shame lol - he won junior dog in 2011:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

James to win!

I see Crufts is sending subliminal messages to the Scots :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

James to win as well! He's just phenomenal looking. Great to see all the Gundogs with full tails too :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'm putting a shout in for King the Fox Terrier. I think he's stunning. But I don't remember a final that had me so torn, because every one of them is a smasher!

• Advertisement

Knine wrote: »
    I'm still loving the American Cocker, Also the Pom & Irish Wolfhound.

I dunno about the american cocker spaniel, nothing against that particular one and that it's the breed standard but the head looks too small for the body. I know the show cut probably accentuates the body size, but that head just looks so squashed, a bit reminiscent of the cavalier king charles spaniel that does have issues with too small a skull. Maybe it's just me though.

Advertisement