Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Hours on Job Share

• 27-02-2014 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

A teacher is on maternity in our school and one of the girls that got her Irish hours has 10.25 hours.

The other teacher has the rest adding to a 22 hour contract.

What is the story there with croke park hours. The two of them are baffled as to what to do- principal has said nothing to them and doesnt seem to be anything on it in either ETB contract.

Has anyone the answer?

Staff meeting today at 4:00pm for 1.5 hours. Neither wants to stay. They asked me for my advice but I havent a clue- i just go to all the meetings regardless, I didnt know you could pick and choose (I've 12 hours)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

prancer wrote: »
    A teacher is on maternity in our school and one of the girls that got her Irish hours has 10.25 hours.

The other teacher has the rest adding to a 22 hour contract.

What is the story there with croke park hours. The two of them are baffled as to what to do- principal has said nothing to them and doesnt seem to be anything on it in either ETB contract.

Has anyone the answer?

Staff meeting today at 4:00pm for 1.5 hours. Neither wants to stay. They asked me for my advice but I havent a clue- i just go to all the meetings regardless, I didnt know you could pick and choose (I've 12 hours)

Isn't it done pro rata against the hours on your contract.

I think then you agree with principal which ones need attending and then make up the rest of the hours out of the remaining meetings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Pro rata. The one on 22 hours shouldn't be baffled, no reason why she shouldn't be doing all the hours??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ya the one on 10.25 hours does hers pro rata, usually ask the principal which hours he would need you to attend. The other teacher is on full hours so must do all Croke Park/HR hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭doc_17

I suppose this is the difficult part of these hours....how does a young teacher who might want to work there next year say to the principal that they want to pick and choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Thanks everyone!! They got it sorted today, the person on 10.25 does that many hours or up to 16.5 and the girl on 22 hours has to do them all- she's missed loads already so not sure how she'll work it back!

Thanks for all replies- they both appreciate them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

prancer wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!! They got it sorted today, the person on 10.25 does that many hours or up to 16.5 and the girl on 22 hours has to do them all- she's missed loads already so not sure how she'll work it back!

Serious question - what do you think will happen to her if she doesn't do them all? Just wondering what the sanctions are, if anyone knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

spurious wrote: »
    Serious question - what do you think will happen to her if she doesn't do them all? Just wondering what the sanctions are, if anyone knows.

Good question. With all that's gone thus year I'd imagine very little but in future would your pay be docked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Pwpane

The CP hours are set by the management at the start of the school year. Probably, as I gather is done in most schools, these hours are whole school hours so there is nothing the individual teacher can do at this stage to make up these hours - except attend those left remaining. I can't see any fault on the teacher's side unless they deliberately did not attend previous hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Pwpane wrote: »
    The CP hours are set by the management at the start of the school year. Probably, as I gather is done in most schools, these hours are whole school hours so there is nothing the individual teacher can do at this stage to make up these hours - except attend those left remaining. I can't see any fault on the teacher's side unless they deliberately did not attend previous hours.

Unused hours can be used for supervision/ substitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Really? Is that in the circular? Wonder what happens when it's a genuine thing though? Eg if you're out on sick cert and miss a meeting? Or out on school business etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Pwpane

"School management may designate the use of the 33 hours to provide
    additional time to deal with some or all of the following items....
    The additional hours should be utilised for purposes of substitution and
    supervision only to the extent to which they are not fully utilised for the other
    purposes specified above."

In other words, any use for S&S is decided at the start of the year and published in the school calendar as part of the overall scheme for the year.

This use of S&S is not applicable to change with individual circumstance.

Advertisement