Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larne Half Marathon - March 22nd 2014

Options
  • 27-02-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭

Strongly considering running this race.
    Anybody have any experience of it?
    Good/bad opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

I have never ran it, but I know Larne and I wouldn't run in such a bigoted place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Strongly considering running this race.
    Anybody have any experience of it?
    Good/bad opinions?
    echancrure wrote: »
    I have never ran it, but I know Larne and I wouldn't run in such a bigoted place.

Let's just say you shouldn't wear your lucky Tricolour top to that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

menoscemo wrote: »
    Let's just say you shouldn't wear your lucky Tricolour top to that one ;)

Well...

Maybe you'll run faster if you do!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/27529179

I've ran it once. Nice scenic course. I remember it as being a little hilly in parts. Definitely not a PB course in my opinion. I would have expected to run 2 minutes quicker than I actually did. Wind can be also an issue as it's along the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Was definitely thinking about it, running the Derry Marathon in June so would be a good time for a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

Great event. Run by runners for runners. Was disappointed it was cancelled last year but the snow in the surrounding areas was pretty bad.

It's a very scenic course with a few tough hills thrown in. Be careful around the handover point for the relayers and at the junctions - police are assisting but the traffic still moves by the runners so a little dangerous.

Larne isn't the nicest place to stay but there are lots of B&Bs. Alternatively a short drive / train journey from Belfast if you want to make a weekend of it.

Advertisement