Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Casual play 1/3/14 and Belfast will have a tourney?

Options
  • 27-02-2014 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Casual play will be running in the queens SU as usual on Saturday so if your free come play.

Also I have spoken with the Dragon slayers committee and they have agreed to let us host a tournament in March and depending on its popularity will allow us to host tournaments every month or at least every other month.

One of the requirements of this is that we come up with a branding that is separate from Dragon slayers so if any one has any suggestions for a community name please feel free to share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big Gaskin

As I have already stated Belfast Beasts (but people didn't seem to agree)

But ye, I'll be there on sat for casuals and you can count me in for the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dark Man

I saw you post that but it disappeared from the list after I added the other suggestion. I think you can only have a few options before It removes some.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big Gaskin

Yeah that's cool (it was a bad suggestion anyway lol)

Nah man alliteration is always a good way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Don't think having fancy names for a community really makes sense unless you take your name from an established website or venue that you happen to be centered around.

We could make a website in that vein to go with a name but I doubt it would see much use to be worth the effort - see how randomselect.ie has struggled to remain relevant even with a much bigger community attached to it.

Good names for a regular local tournament though, def need those.

• Advertisement

I get ya man. They just asked if we could get one. Wouldn't need a site as we all use these boards anyway. Deffo need a good tournament mane

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I'll be there tomorrow at 2 for kof and sf4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Same here.

Advertisement