Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options
  • 27-02-2014 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm just wondering how everyone got on in their mocks. I haven't got them all back yet, but so far i have English (B) Irish(B) French(C) business ( B). I suppose i've done ok so far, but i probably failed maths. How did you guys get on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Irish - B
    Maths paper 1 - C
    Geography - A
    CSPE - A
    History - B
    Science - B
    Religion - A

All I've got so far but I'm delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Xgracie wrote: »
    Irish - B
    Maths paper 1 - C
    Geography - A
    CSPE - A
    History - B
    Science - B
    Religion - A

All I've got so far but I'm delighted!
    congrats! Are you doing all honours subjects?

ECM1234 wrote: »
    congrats! Are you doing all honours subjects?

Thank you! Congrats on yours!! :D Yeah, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

I Got these so far:

French - B 70% (Delighted, Because I have done feck all homework for french)

Geography - B - 77% (Wanted an A, But what can ya do)

Thank you! Congrats on yours!! :D Yeah, you?
    Thanks :) Yeah i'm doing all honours too. I hope i can still continue with honours maths, even though i know its gonna be tricky.

• Advertisement

jldesign wrote: »
    I Got these so far:

French - B 70% (Delighted, Because I have done feck all homework for french)

Geography - B - 77% (Wanted an A, But what can ya do)

Well done :) I got 63 in it and would have done better if not for that stupid marking scheme on the reading section.

Thanks :) Yeah i'm doing all honours too. I hope i can still continue with honours maths, even though i know its gonna be tricky.

I was pleasantly suprised with maths (paper 1 anyway) really thought I was in the low 40s so you probably did better than you think!

I was pleasantly suprised with maths (paper 1 anyway) really thought I was in the low 40s so you probably did better than you think!

Thanks for the motivation, im just worried about maths, because in the other honours class in my year about 80% of the class failed and nobody got above 50%, really says something about the teacher :L

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

When did ye do your mocks? I did mine the two weeks before midterm and have not got any back yet :rolleyes:

When did ye do your mocks? I did mine the two weeks before midterm and have not got any back yet :rolleyes:

I started mine about the same time, did your teachers send yours away? If so maybe they're slow being delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks for the motivation, im just worried about maths, because in the other honours class in my year about 80% of the class failed and nobody got above 50%, really says something about the teacher :L

..or the correcting.

spurious wrote: »
    ..or the correcting.

If you see the teacher, she is actually the biggest waste of space ever! In their christmas test, her results were so bad that 60 percent of the overall mark went towards their homework!

No problem hahaha most of mine class passed, but it was mainly Ds, definitely does almost all my year failed science, were in sh*t but no one would say a bad word about the teachers ugh and mine corrected all of ours scewways (giving me too many marks anyway)

Were they sent out? Like not corrected by teachers

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Yeah they were sent out to be corrected... we got our first two back today. I got an A in Music and 82% in history! So far so good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

All Higher level

This is what I've gotten back so far

Geography (A)
    Business (A)
    Technology(A)
    French listening(B)
    Science(B)
    Irish(C)
    History(C)
    Maths (D)

Hoping to Bring History and Science to an A for JC and Maths and Irish to a B

nanook5 wrote: »
    All Higher level

This is what I've gotten back so far

Geography (A)
    Business (A)
    Technology(A)
    French listening(B)
    Science(B)
    Irish(C)
    History(C)
    Maths (D)

Hoping to Bring History and Science to an A for JC and Maths and Irish to a B

Well done! :D yeah I'm hoping to bring my Bs up to an A then keep science, maths and Irish at a B

Would love all As but I don't want to get my hopes up

Well done! :D yeah I'm hoping to bring my Bs up to an A then keep science, maths and Irish at a B

Would love all As but I don't want to get my hopes up

Thanks! You too :) I'll probably get A's and B's and an odd D out haha (Religion)

7 A's was my reasonable goal for the JC . Hopefully! :p

Thanks! You too :) I'll probably get A's and B's and an odd D out haha (Religion)

7 A's was my reasonable goal for the JC . Hopefully! :p

Is religion hard? We don't do it in my school. (We're god-fearing like that):rolleyes:

Is religion hard? We don't do it in my school. (We're god-fearing like that):rolleyes:

Not really :D I just don't study for it . It's just it's completely useless and pointless(IMO) and has no relevance whatsoever to me now or in my future . I would much rather spend my time on a LC subject like maths or Irish than waste time on religion studying . Plus I'm atheist so I don't like learning about the Kingdom of God or how Islam was formed . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Once you just sh*te on its fine, stupid subject tho!

Not really :D I just don't study for it . It's just it's completely useless and pointless(IMO) and has no relevance whatsoever to me now or in my future . I would much rather spend my time on a LC subject like maths or Irish than waste time on religion studying . Plus I'm atheist so I don't like learning about the Kingdom of God or how Islam was formed . :rolleyes:
    Bit like CSPE (aka the most pointless subject ever created)

Bit like CSPE (aka the most pointless subject ever created)

Ya kinda but I like CSPE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

CSPE is better than SPHE. I hate SPHE.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

VG31 wrote: »
    CSPE is better than SPHE. I hate SPHE.
    Same...especially when the SPHE teacher likes to pretend you don't exist for no reason whatsoever :-/

Same...especially when the SPHE teacher likes to pretend you don't exist for no reason whatsoever :-/

We just study or go for walks in SPHE :)

We just study or go for walks in SPHE :)
    Lucky! I don't do it this year (it's "supposed" to be incorporated in to religion but all we do in religion is watch movies so...) but last year the teacher made us actually do work and take notes :L

Lucky! I don't do it this year (it's "supposed" to be incorporated in to religion but all we do in religion is watch movies so...) but last year the teacher made us actually do work and take notes :L

Sounds sh*t . Do ye watch religious movies or like normal movies ? :D

Sounds sh*t . Do ye watch religious movies or like normal movies ? :D
    Normal movies (we watched Jesus of Nazareth in first year)...we watched The Help last year and we are watching Life is Beautiful at the moment...it's so sad :'(ï

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This is what i got: (All Higher Level)

Science: 84%
    Maths: 83%
    English: 82%
    Geography:78%
    Business: 84%
    Technology: 89%
    CSPE: 84%
    Religion: 91%
    Irish: 70%
    Spanish: 83&
    History:81%

LOADS of high Bs. Pretty good results seeing i didn't get lower than a B. Just need to put a little bit more work to move grades up by an extra 5-10%. :D

Advertisement