Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Study is a balls

I got 62% in honours maths and the correctors don't give any attempt marks like I got 4 0 out of 20 and I made attempts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I got 62% in honours maths and the correctors don't give any attempt marks like I got 4 0 out of 20 and I made attempts

Yeah these kind of things happen. Just be grateful that it's only the mocks and in the actual jc someone else (hopefully fairer and better) will be marking your paper. 62% is still really good. Aim for that B :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Study is a balls

Thanks man 83% is class my teacher told us that when If u get 50% u can get an A in the real thing

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

This is what i got: (All Higher Level)

Science: 84%
    Maths: 83%
    English: 82%
    Geography:78%
    Business: 84%
    Technology: 89%
    CSPE: 84%
    Religion: 91%
    Irish: 70%
    Spanish: 83&
    History:81%

LOADS of high Bs. Pretty good results seeing i didn't get lower than a B. Just need to put a little bit more work to move grades up by an extra 5-10%. :D

83% in maths Jesus Christ that's amazing! Did you study?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Exam papers are the way to go. The level of questions for maths in the textbook is nothing compared to the level in the exam papers. How did u do in the rest of ur subjects

• Advertisement

Got 2 more results
    78% in total in maths (90% in p2 but it was piss, only area and volume)
    88% in English! Delighted :D
    88% in Home Ec too
    So that's 5 As and 5 Bs then French results tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Xgracie wrote: »
    Got 2 more results
    78% in total in maths (90% in p2 but it was piss, only area and volume)
    88% in English! Delighted :D
    88% in Home Ec too
    So that's 5 As and 5 Bs then French results tomorrow

Great results.Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 krazedkiller

Ok so this is what I got:

Maths: 85%
    English:77% :/
    Irish:63%:( (Omg so angry anyone have any advice to push to an A?!)
    History:90%
    Geography:91% so easy haha
    Science: 85% yay
    French:77% meh :haven't really studied much
    Business:85%
    CSPE: 90% hahahahahaha
    Tech Graph:90%

Yeah all higher anyway so happy with tech used to being getting low Cs. Overall delighted except for Irish absolutely shocking also hoping to bring all those Bs to an A?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Irish:63%:( (Omg so angry anyone have any advice to push to an A?!)

For Irish, learn off a story of something that happened to you or someone else (usually an acident). Practice letter writing on topics such as sport, the Internet, music, TV and a talent show. Have answers for the prós and the filíocht learned off (learn off answers for two poems and two short stories and know the different themes/feelings in each one). Also, make sure you know your tenses and irregular verbs.

Well done for getting 85% in Maths! :)

VG31 wrote: »
    For Irish, learn off a story of something that happened to you or someone else (usually an acident). Practice letter writing on topics such as sport, the Internet, music, TV and a talent show. Have answers for the prós and the filíocht learned off (learn off answers for two poems and two short stories and know the different themes/feelings in each one). Also, make sure you know your tenses and irregular verbs.

Well done for getting 85% in Maths! :)

Thanks so much!! You don't know how much you've helped. Any idea how to improve on the unseen comprehension/ poetry and listening. Thanks again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Thanks so much!! You don't know how much you've helped. Any idea how to improve on the unseen comprehension/ poetry and listening. Thanks again:D

For the listening, pratice as much as you can. I haven't got my Irish mock results yet, but I think I probably lost my A because of the unseen things. I haven't done much of then yet, but my teacher will most likely go through them soon. I think you have to pratice them a lot as well.

How do you get an A in maths omg?!
    I got French back today 88% :D
    So that's 6 As, 5 Bs im delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

CSPE-B
    History- A
    Science-A
    Music-B
    Geography-B
    Maths-D (:()

Thats all my results in the mocks. Quite frankly, im very disappointed as my results were terrible, especially maths. I want to continue with higher,but im afraid I might fail. All my teachers (Except my French and English and Geography) are diobolical, and i'm seriously considering moving schools. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Congrats on your results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

67% in history (hate it lol) and 97% in geography (dont know how the hell i did that :D)

ECM1234 wrote: »
    CSPE-B
    History- A
    Science-A
    Music-B
    Geography-B
    Maths-D (:()

Thats all my results in the mocks. Quite frankly, im very disappointed as my results were terrible, especially maths. I want to continue with higher,but im afraid I might fail. All my teachers (Except my French and English and Geography) are diobolical, and i'm seriously considering moving schools. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Those grades are great!! And most of my class got a D in maths you can move up to a C maybe even a B with the work! There is absolutely no point moving schools, start studying asap and you'll be find :)

Congrats on your results :)

Thank you :D

Those grades are great!! And most of my class got a D in maths you can move up to a C maybe even a B with the work! There is absolutely no point moving schools, start studying asap and you'll be find :)

Thanks :), I think i'll start getting grinds. I'm just so frustrated by that D. Did you get attempt marks on your maths paper(s) ?

Thanks :), I think i'll start getting grinds. I'm just so frustrated by that D. Did you get attempt marks on your maths paper(s) ?

Don't beat yourself up over it it's only the mocks! Yeah you should always get them in project maths (once you have the jist of the question)

Don't beat yourself up over it it's only the mocks! Yeah you should always get them in project maths (once you have the jist of the question)
    We didn't get any in ours....

• Advertisement

We didn't get any in ours....

You should've!!

Soz for the late reply. Anyway if you've looked around other jc forums loads of people say the way to study maths is exam papers.THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I thought it may seem pointless at first, but get yourself some edco exam papers, do the question and look up the answer on examit.ie. Write in whatever you got wrong and make sure to read over your corrections now and then. Not sure if it works for everyone, but sure it got me the highest in my year. Hope I helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

Results so far:
    English : 38%
    Science: 38%
    Maths : 24%
    Geography: 69%
    History : 49%
    CSPE: 75%

All higher level .
    I dropped to ordinary level maths . I might with English too.

Still have to get my religion , home ec, Irish and French back.

Soz for the late reply. Anyway if you've looked around other jc forums loads of people say the way to study maths is exam papers.THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I thought it may seem pointless at first, but get yourself some edco exam papers, do the question and look up the answer on examit.ie. Write in whatever you got wrong and make sure to read over your corrections now and then. Not sure if it works for everyone, but sure it got me the highest in my year. Hope I helped!

You're fine! Thank you! :) I really need to start doing them!

You should've!!

Got my teacher to re check the test, and it turns out, that I got a C!!!! Thats 10 honours out of 10 for me, now to try pull these B's to A's and C's to B's! !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

More results today:

84% overall in business, so close :(
    88% in art, really happy with that
    58% in maths, just glad i passed after seeing so many people fail :|

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Ahh, I got a few back today!!
    90% in music - delighted!!
    93% in business p1
    91% in higher mathswhich im shocked, project maths is a joke hahahaha!!
    88 % in history and im delighted, the revisewise was the key :)
    and finally 78% in irish, the oral boosted my score from a C to a B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

pizzamad wrote: »
    Ahh, I got a few back today!!
    90% in music - delighted!!
    93% in business p1
    91% in higher mathswhich im shocked, project maths is a joke hahahaha!!
    88 % in history and im delighted, the revisewise was the key :)
    and finally 78% in irish, the oral boosted my score from a C to a B :)

Ohmigod...90% in music???!!! Wow...how do you study for music? I need to do so much work in it it's actually not even funny...:-\

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

My teacher summarised all our learning into 10 sheets and it was great!!
    For music its pretty easy:
    For q1 and 2 know your set songs and works inside out. Know composer,form,texture,2 features etc.
    For Q3 know all the irish dances, features of irish music, and basically all of irish music. Know the belfast harp festival, a collector and harpist and basically just revise all past questions.
    For Q4 its dictation and practice makes perfect (literally)! Use your exam papers and do a dictation question every few nights, you will become very good.
    For Q5 its practice again but also for part A and B you need to know your chosen works and songs with their composer (if theres one), and two features. You'll see with past exam papers. The same for the unseen bit or the unheard listening, all you need is practice.

If you do Q6,7,8 which i recommend, practice again with exam papers and know the bass clef, how to build chords, how to write a melody and rhythm.
    And for Q10 know your general study. The general study question has never changed so its an almost guaranteed twenty marks. All you need is the name of your general study, the category, two pieces and composers or performers and 3 features. All I did was learn and few points and waffle and I got 20/20 in the mocks.

I know I've sorta ranted but thats basically how to study music hahaha! It really isnt that bad once you know what to know. Also the pracitcal is 25% which is good. If you want anything else answered feel free to ask :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

pizzamad wrote: »
    My teacher summarised all our learning into 10 sheets and it was great!!
    For music its pretty easy:
    For q1 and 2 know your set songs and works inside out. Know composer,form,texture,2 features etc.
    For Q3 know all the irish dances, features of irish music, and basically all of irish music. Know the belfast harp festival, a collector and harpist and basically just revise all past questions.
    For Q4 its dictation and practice makes perfect (literally)! Use your exam papers and do a dictation question every few nights, you will become very good.
    For Q5 its practice again but also for part A and B you need to know your chosen works and songs with their composer (if theres one), and two features. You'll see with past exam papers. The same for the unseen bit or the unheard listening, all you need is practice.

If you do Q6,7,8 which i recommend, practice again with exam papers and know the bass clef, how to build chords, how to write a melody and rhythm.
    And for Q10 know your general study. The general study question has never changed so its an almost guaranteed twenty marks. All you need is the name of your general study, the category, two pieces and composers or performers and 3 features. All I did was learn and few points and waffle and I got 20/20 in the mocks.

I know I've sorta ranted but thats basically how to study music hahaha! It really isnt that bad once you know what to know. Also the pracitcal is 25% which is good. If you want anything else answered feel free to ask :-)
    Thanks a million! :-D My dictation is actually atrocious- I can't even remember the last time we did dictation in class...

Advertisement