Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

It's fine!! In our class we do one every class hahahaha :)
    I got 98% in geography:O and 77% in english overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

pizzamad wrote: »

And I thought my 97% was good in geography lol

Beat you by 1.3 marks hahahaha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Did your geography teacher mention anything about the mock being too easily marked? Because I got 98% too and the teacher said that our mocks were marked too easy...:-\ I'm just curious to know because our French mocks were too easily marked as well apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

So far I've got
    English (A) 86%
    Geography (A) 93%
    French (A) 90%
    CSPE (A) 94%
    Irish (B) 81%
    Maths (B) 79%
    Business (B) 78%
    History (B) 80%
    Still have to get Science & Music.
    Does anyone know any sites or books that can teach me how to do Business Final Accounts properly? Our teacher is useless :L

• Advertisement

Did your geography teacher mention anything about the mock being too easily marked? Because I got 98% too and the teacher said that our mocks were marked too easy...:-\ I'm just curious to know because our French mocks were too easily marked as well apparently.

Our teacher marked ours but she said that out of all the mocks the one we got was the only one without faults. She said it was too easy, she said they chose the easiest questions from each topic on the course. She said take either 5-8% from your grade and that should be your likely junior cert score.

For final accounts you can look at videos on youtube, but also revisewise for business is good :)

Our teacher marked ours but she said that out of all the mocks the one we got was the only one without faults. She said it was too easy, she said they chose the easiest questions from each topic on the course. She said take either 5-8% from your grade and that should be your likely junior cert score.
    Oh okay...our business teacher said that our mock was quite an easy paper and that it will be harder in June. :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Oh okay...our business teacher said that our mock was quite an easy paper and that it will be harder in June. :-\

Do you know what company you guys ordered from? We got our Mocks from DEB and in every subject we lost 1 mark for every spelling mistake.

ECM1234 wrote: »
    Do you know what company you guys ordered from? We got our Mocks from DEB and in every subject we lost 1 mark for every spelling mistake.
    Have a feeling Geography and History were examcraft but the rest were DEB I think. 1 mark for every spelling mistake?! =-O wow...

• Advertisement

Have a feeling Geography and History were examcraft but the rest were DEB I think. 1 mark for every spelling mistake?! =-O wow...
    I hate DEB -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

ECM1234 wrote: »
    I hate DEB -_-

We had DEB and ours weren't marked like that! Our teachers marked ours

Xgracie wrote: »
    We had DEB and ours weren't marked like that! Our teachers marked ours
    Ours were sent away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will not be marked for spelling mistakes in History or Geography in an SEC exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

My other results
    Religion 44%
    Irish 47% ;)
    French 56%
    Home Ec 76%

So far this is what I've got, (All HL) all I need back is CSPE :)
    English 77
    Irish 78
    Maths 91
    French 87
    History 88
    Geography 98
    Business 96 (100% in paper two...the mock was easier than what. i expect june to be)
    Music 90
    Science 92
    CSPE ---

So...without CSPE I've got 7 A's and 2 B's :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are your CSPE results out of just the marks for the paper, which is worth only 40% of the real thing, or have your teachers added in some sort of mark for the project/journal?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

spurious wrote: »
    Are your CSPE results out of just the marks for the paper, which is worth only 40% of the real thing, or have your teachers added in some sort of mark for the project/journal?
    Just the paper

That might explain why so many people over-estimate what they will get in CSPE in the real thing.

spurious wrote: »
    That might explain why so many people over-estimate what they will get in CSPE in the real thing.

I think that's what brings a lot of people down yeah considering the actual paper is grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Nearly have them all back now and I`m happy so far...
    English 80%
    Irish 82%
    History 84%
    Religion 93%
    Maths 75%
    Science 92%
    Geography 86%
    French 82%
    Music 85%

Only a few percent off an A in a few subjects but will definitely bring them up for June. Still waiting on Business and CSPE which I think I`ve done well in but so far 4As and 5Bs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

3 results back thus far..slow ****ing school..

Maths - 74 (88P1, 58 P2)
    Science 71 (disgusted tbh..though 25% of our year passed it)
    French 73 (no study ever) :D

Hopes:
    C in English/Irish.
    A in History, German, Business & CSPE(pfft)
    B in Geography. :P

Then hope I stick at 7A's/3B's for JC.
    B's being English, Irish & French. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Louthlass23

Have got most of my mock results back. Didnt put in a lot of study before them. They average mid to high C's. With some study between now and June could I expect to bring them up to B's or have I left it a bit late?

Have got most of my mock results back. Didnt put in a lot of study before them. They average mid to high C's. With some study between now and June could I expect to bring them up to B's or have I left it a bit late?

You could probably bring some of them up to As! obviously Irish maths things like that can be tough but for like science, history, geography do lots of exam papers and you'll be fine!

Got Irish, English Paper 2 & CSPE back today..

Irish 65% (19/40 Aural, 70/110 P1, 67/90 P2)
    English 28% (56% P2 hoping to stay at a C with P1)
    CSPE 96% (got the TD jobs wrong, I thought that the names directly across from their names was their position because Ruairi Quinn was the only one I know...5/8 marks on that question, everything else 100%)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Just a reminder not to be getting carried away with the mock results. A little exam called the Junior Cert isn't too far away. Just because you got an 'A' in the mock, does by no means guarantee that is what the result will be come September. The SEC run a whole different ball game to the likes of DEB and Examcraft, with respect to both the content of the exam and the way in which they are corrected.

I already forgot everything I knew from the mocks.. :mad:

Liordi wrote: »
    I already forgot everything I knew from the mocks.. :mad:

That often happens if you have crammed. It might help when you are studying an area, to study a small section and then check yourself with a number of exam papers to see could you answer questions on that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Louthlass23

Xgracie wrote: »
    You could probably bring some of them up to As! obviously Irish maths things like that can be tough but for like science, history, geography do lots of exam papers and you'll be fine!

Thanks a mill. Got B in Irish and A in Home Ec very pleased with these. Shall do exam papers for science history and geography. Would this also help me with business and french or is there anything else I should try. Just missed the C in English. My essay let me down. Find it so hard to do a good essay within the time. Thought about learning one off and using the opening and closing paragraphs to make it suit. Not sure how that would work? All advice welcome as Im all set for some "serious" study.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill. Got B in Irish and A in Home Ec very pleased with these. Shall do exam papers for science history and geography. Would this also help me with business and french or is there anything else I should try. Just missed the C in English. My essay let me down. Find it so hard to do a good essay within the time. Thought about learning one off and using the opening and closing paragraphs to make it suit. Not sure how that would work? All advice welcome as Im all set for some "serious" study.

The business Revisewise is brill as is the French one! French is mainly just doing the papers, practicing letters etc. business is trickier try starting off by mastering the gust rented questions then go from there, I'm useless it at it so not a lot of help! If you think learning it off would benefit you and you're really stuck for time you could try it but really I'd advise just trying to speed up and don't write too much (2 pages is enough!)

Advertisement