Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a definitive list for what a landlord should provide

Options
  • 27-02-2014 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

As per the title, is there a definitive list for what a landlord should provide?

I have read that pots and pans, TV etc are not expected but just wondering on things like irons, toaster etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

As per the title, is there a definitive list for what a landlord should provide?

I have read that pots and pans, TV etc are not expected but just wondering on things like irons, toaster etc

There is it's in the regs, they are regularly quoted here, not so regularly that I can remember where they are!

In all honesty I don' think Irons and toasters are covered and neither should they be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

You can buy them yourself once and take them with you wherever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭rightoldpickle

thanks for that - so you dont have to provide and household items at all? thats mad! i would have thought crockery and cutlery etc would have been a basic requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

thanks for that - so you dont have to provide and household items at all? thats mad! i would have thought crockery and cutlery etc would have been a basic requirement.

Not a legal requirement, landlords can if they want.

To be honest though, I wouldn't want to use crockery or utensils that you've no idea who or what has been near them before you. When I was renting I had a box of odd bits I had collected over the years that I brought with me everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I'd guess most do provide them because the less a tenant has to spend on a rental property, the more rentable it is but it's a pain in the arse getting a call from a tenant saying the kettle isn't working . It's a different thing altogether to say they have to be provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

To be honest I am happy to rent a place without finding grannys old pots, grubby cutlery and chalked up kettle. Sometimes I am just amazed what sort of collectings one can find in the press. I would find it more important to have a decent, clean mattress and good furniture rather than the small bits and pieces you can get yourself and as in many places storage is limited I don't want items in there that I don't even use. But that's just my opinion.

Advertisement