Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to start?

• 27-02-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Got my tent today for a summer of adventure! Is Easter to early to be going camping by the sea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

It really depends on the weather at the time, but unless there's a storm and as long as you're well kitted out you should be fine.
    It'll be quite cold at night, and by the coast you're highly likely to have some wind.
    Pick a good sheltered spot, peg it down well, and wrap up warm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Start by putting the tent up at home or if you don't have a garden in the local park. Then take it down pack it up and do the same again. Better still try putting it up in your garden in the dark and the p!ssing rain. The technique when its raining is to put the flysheet up first so you keep the inner tent dry and you plus gear spend the least time out in the wet. Not all tents can be erected that way but its good practice to do it that way when its raining if they do. Don't forget to dry it off at home before packing it up for storage if it does get wet. Honest it is worth the practice even if it just lets you know you need a few extra (or lighter) tent pegs.

I'm right by the sea and I don't see any reason why you couldn't camp with the right sort of gear at this time of year provided you took some notice of the weather forecasts before going out. The only thing that would put me off big time is the mud and mess you get when the ground is as wet as it is at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Got my tent today for a summer of adventure! Is Easter to early to be going camping by the sea?

What type of tent did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

Camping in any season has its risks. I camped before in november before and had great weather and a great dry trip. I camped in cork by the sea in august and very nearly didnt make it home cus a storm blew in and had to dismantle the tent and all in hurricane like winds then take a boat back from clear island.
    So just be prepared for all eventuallities and then u can camp when you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KarlBray74

First wildcamp of season this weekend.so starting now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

KarlBray74 wrote: »
    First wildcamp of season this weekend.so starting now!!!
    where you heading.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

i started last weekend did two days in Conamara

Advertisement