Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Cards on Cork Buses

Options
  • 27-02-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Just on the 216 now and noticed they have leap card scanners installed, the driver said that the big official launch is in March, but that they're working now. Can't wait to start using it, and hopefully it will follow Dublin bus's pricing by offering a cheaper fare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I rarely use the buses in Cork but it will very handy to be able to have a card with some cash on it in my wallet and swipe a card rather than trying to fumble for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Seen the scanners on the 214 recently. Really looking forward to getting a card, Gonna be so much handier because I work in town and bus it to and from there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I only got a new card in Dublin on Monday, but didn't notice the sensor till I had already paid. Driver said he had one person use it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

There'll always be the idiots fumbling for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

calnand wrote: »
    Just on the 216 now and noticed they have leap card scanners installed, the driver said that the big official launch is in March, but that they're working now. Can't wait to start using it, and hopefully it will follow Dublin bus's pricing by offering a cheaper fare.

Prices here

http://corkindependent.com/20131107/news/bus-eireann-to-bring-leap-card-to-cork-S75168.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is there a facility to use Leap Cards on outer city services, Midleton, Youghal etc? or is it purely for City services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Corholio wrote: »
    Is there a facility to use Leap Cards on outer city services, Midleton, Youghal etc? or is it purely for City services?

just City services at the moment (not including to Blarney on the 215). Suburban services will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

http://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Determination_No._1_2014_-_Introduction_of_Bus_Eireann_Leap_fares_Red_Zone_Cork_February_14.pdf

found updated prices, it'll be €1.71 for all city buses withing the red zone, which covers all the city.

calnand wrote: »
    http://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Determination_No._1_2014_-_Introduction_of_Bus_Eireann_Leap_fares_Red_Zone_Cork_February_14.pdf

found updated prices, it'll be €1.71 for all city buses withing the red zone, which covers all the city.

actually 1.60. 1.71 is what Bus Eireann proposed, but NTA decided on 1.60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

actually 1.60. 1.71 is what Bus Eireann proposed, but NTA decided on 1.60.

Is that price good compared to the regular prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

From the article

'Bus Eireann has stated the need for fare increases follows declining passenger figures and reduced revenue.'

Ok so I have a business and not doing well, the last thing I would do is increase my prices, but then of course they expect the taxpayer to bail them out whenever they need money:mad:

Dbu wrote: »
    From the article

'Bus Eireann has stated the need for fare increases follows declining passenger figures and reduced revenue.'

Ok so I have a business and not doing well, the last thing I would do is increase my prices, but then of course they expect the taxpayer to bail them out whenever they need money:mad:

get a leap card and their fares will have reduced by 18%

30c cheaper than cash fare.

Advertisement