Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirm price of Property

Options
  • 27-02-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I am 28 and pretty new to property, but myself and GF are right in the middle of it. We found a house that we like inside of our price range. The auctioneer(rep for the owner) has told us that the price at x amount is the baseline, and no offers below this will be considered. I dont have much experience with pricing, so Im not sure if this is a good price or will I be paying a premium.

My question is: Can I get a third party to come and value the house? (to give me piece of mind). And is this standard procedure?

Side Question: When I want to make an offer, is there any formal way to do this? or do I just call the auctioneer/estate agent?

Thanks,
    Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

My question is: Can I get a third party to come and value the house? (to give me piece of mind). And is this standard procedure?

Side Question: When I want to make an offer, is there any formal way to do this? or do I just call the auctioneer/estate agent?

Have you looked on the Property Price Register to see what price similar houses in the area went for? It is standard procedure to get a valuation (in fact your Bank will insist on it), after your offer has been accepted.

no formal way to offer, just phone the agent.

good luck 😊

Advertisement