Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Setting for a Motorised Dish in the Plugins menu in Vix

• 28-02-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had been using the following Setting in Plugins for a Motorised dish in Vix:

vhannibal motor (1.0+git255)

and my understanding was that this would automatically update when new transponders are added/deleted or when stations move around.

Over the last few weeks I have lost a few stations eg ITVHD so I thought that vhannibal motor (1.0+git255) was just a bit slow in updating.

Today though I went into the Settings menu and vhannibal motor (1.0+git255) is not there any more thus I guess the reason for no updates.

So which one should I use instead please; I see the following options:

rytec-motor (1.0-r1)

predag-motor 42e to 30w (1.0+git304)

cst motor db (1.0+git304)

catseye 75e to 45w (1.0+git304)

or is there another better one/way please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Well I went for this one:

catseye 75e to 45w (1.0+git304)

but the same thing, stations such as ITV HD showing but nothing come through on it.

I did a menu/software update, but there was no update available for the Plugin.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I always use vHannibal , download the plugin then run AutoBouquets to keep your channel numbering right.

I always use vHannibal , download the plugin then run AutoBouquets to keep your channel numbering right.

But vhannibal motor (1.0+git255) is not in th ePlugin list anymore. Which vhannibal are you using?

I'm afraid that I do not understand what you mean run Autobouquets after, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

with autobouquets when set up it will scan the satellites and pick up the new frequencies, like itv hd. You can have it set up to scan regularly. Look in the vix plugins and see if autbouquets is in there, click on it and it is self explanatory. It should say things like freesat, sky uk etc then give you an option for location. Say you may like ITV london.

swoofer wrote: »
    with autobouquets when set up it will scan the satellites and pick up the new frequencies, like itv hd. You can have it set up to scan regularly. Look in the vix plugins and see if autbouquets is in there, click on it and it is self explanatory. It should say things like freesat, sky uk etc then give you an option for location. Say you may like ITV london.

Thanks for your input, but would you mind taking this step by step for me please.

What should I do first, should I install a Plugin for my multisat setup and if so which one please?

Or do I not need that at all and just need autobouquet?

• Advertisement

Ok

So I looked in the Plugin Setting menu again today and there is a new Vhannibal motor plugin there called vhannibal motor (1.0+git304)

so I downloaded that plugin.

Would be grateful if you could advise what I should do next. I guess it has to do with autobouquet, but what do I do exactly please?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Go into Menu - setup - Service searching and see if AutoBouquets is in there , if so go into it , press Menu again amd input your requirements.

If its not there just download it from Plugins , reboot and it will then be in Service Searching.

Go into Menu - setup - Service searching and see if AutoBouquets is in there , if so go into it , press Menu again amd input your requirements.

If its not there just download it from Plugins , reboot and it will then be in Service Searching.

Thanks so much Goodison.

I never knew that I had to have vhannibal and autobouquet.

I thought that vhannibal did everything.

I have set local area selection to London HD and set Scheduled update scan to 10pm

Everything else is left as it was. So teh order is:

London HD
    no
    yes
    yes
    no
    yes
    yes
    no
    no
    yes
    no
    10pm

Is there anything else in there that I should vhange?

Thanks

Those pesky blank ITV HD stations are still there as are about 15 ITV and 10 ITV + 1

Was hoping that this would get rid of these blank stations and all the repeats, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

iba wrote: »
    Those pesky blank ITV HD stations are still there as are about 15 ITV and 10 ITV + 1

Was hoping that this would get rid of these blank stations and all the repeats, :(

The amount of time you've spent trying to sort this out using automated systems :D

In the meantime I had the new ITVs up and running (and the old ones deleted) in about 60 seconds (with maybe 2-3 minutes added for research) last Thursday :P

• Advertisement

radiowaves wrote: »
    The amount of time you've spent trying to sort this out using automated systems :D

In the meantime I had the new ITVs up and running (and the old ones deleted) in about 60 seconds (with maybe 2-3 minutes added for research) last Thursday :P

Well I do not know as much as you.

And I never knew that you had to have vhannibal and autobouquet together - I thought vhannibal just updated everything. And why vhannibal disappeared from the Plugin list and then reappeared I do not know.

So why are the old ITVs still there if this is meant to be automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

iba wrote: »
    Well I do not know as much as you.

I wasn't having a go at you mate, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, sorry for any offence caused.

As it happens before these "automated" systems came in everybody did it manually - my erroneous assumption was you knew how to do it manually as it is the first thing people used to learn when getting a new receiver. I assumed you were making a choice to use bouquets.

Personally I still prefer that way as I like to keep control of my receiver.

radiowaves wrote: »
    I wasn't having a go at you mate, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, sorry for any offence caused.

As it happens before these "automated" systems came in everybody did it manually - my erroneous assumption was you knew how to do it manually as it is the first thing people used to learn when getting a new receiver. I assumed you were making a choice to use bouquets.

Personally I still prefer that way as I like to keep control of my receiver.

No worries.

No I do not know how to do it manually. Maybe going in through my browser to the box?

I have teh box only a few months and I know sweet FA.

I had a Humax before and in addition to the Gigablue I have 2 non-linux boxes namely Ariva 120 and 250

Advertisement