Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cadbury Bar with Ritz Crackers

Options
  • 28-02-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tried the new Cadbury bar with Ritz chocolate? Picked one up in my local Eurospar tonight, but havent tried it as Im dying with flu so no tastebuds.

They have one with Lu biscuits as well. which would probably be more of a cadbury snack type taste but Im looking forward to trying the Ritz one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Yup
    didn't like either flavours . Chocolate and salt is a nono for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I've eaten a square of it now, could not wait.

Very disappointed....it was just a square of chocolate with a mini ritz cracker stuck to the front and back of it.

All the ritz crackers fell off once the bar was opened.

Meh..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'll be keeping an eye out for this. If it's anything like Milka Tuc it's my kind of chocolate

milka-tuc-cracker-87g-chocolate-bar-limited-edition-140-p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'll be keeping an eye out for this. If it's anything like Milka Tuc it's my kind of chocolate

milka-tuc-cracker-87g-chocolate-bar-limited-edition-140-p.jpg

I've been dying to try the Milka Tuc but its not stocked in Ireland is it? I keep telling friends in Germany to send it over to me, so I was delighted when I saw the Ritz one, thinking it would be similar.

The crackers didnt taste very like Ritz.

Now that said, I have a bad cold so my tastebuds are not great. Will try it again when I get better. There are 4 squares in the bar and I've 3 left, that does not bode well for the bar, if it were nice, there should be no squares left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

I got all excited when I saw these the other day, developed a slight addiction to the Milka/Tuc ones in Spain. Sad times, the Cadbury's one is just a poor relative of the Milka bar. Very small too. The crackers are too big or something, just not very tasty. Time to start petitioning Milka maybe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

If it's anything like that Tayto chocolate bar yoke than I do not want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

discusting stuff. imo

anewme wrote: »
    I've been dying to try the Milka Tuc but its not stocked in Ireland is it? I keep telling friends in Germany to send it over to me, so I was delighted when I saw the Ritz one, thinking it would be similar.

Unfortunately I haven't seen it anywhere in Ireland but I get over to Germany a couple of times a year (and got it in Spain too) so tend to bring back some/loads of bars. Supermarkets tend to have insane deals on Milka over there, last time I got stocked up on a 4 bars for €2 offer.

Semi seriously considering buying a packet of tuc biscuits and some thin chocolate bars now!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Prawo_Jazdy

most of the eastern european shops sell a great selection of milka products, polenez on moore street and moldovia on capel street for example, they will probably get the tuc one in eventually.

I got the orea one recently after waiting ages for them to start selling it, the cadbury versions of these bars are mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Semi seriously considering buying a packet of tuc biscuits and some thin chocolate bars now!

Yeah you could probably melt a milka bar then half coat Tuc crackers in it leaving them to set on the uncoated side. Would do the job perhaps!

• Advertisement

Very disappointed....it was just a square of chocolate with a mini ritz cracker stuck to the front and back of it.

All the ritz crackers fell off once the bar was opened.

Meh..................

Unfortunately I have to agree - it's very lacklustre and as soon as I opened the wrapper the 2 underside exposed Ritz crackers fell onto Parnell St. They weren't salty enough either. Oh well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

The crackers didnt taste very like Ritz.

Exactly. I mean I know its all about making things as cheaply as possible these days but they could have at least used real Ritz crackers.

I thought the bar was ok but then I'm easily pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I'll be keeping an eye out for this. If it's anything like Milka Tuc it's my kind of chocolate.

The biscuits fall off!

You'll give a sigh of (mouth full of mushy chocolate) dissapointment..

Save yourself a few cent, just knock the chocolate off the top of a Jacob's Club.

The salt is very subtle and as others have pointed out, the taste is just very drab. Sprinkle a grain or three of salt on a pack of Eurospar Chocolate Butter Biscuits and you've got the same experience.

Anyone into a biscuit/choccy experience could do no worse than track down the Sport Ritter

dsc_0213.jpg

I've only managed to purchase it in the newsagents beside the old Gas showroom on D'Olier Street, Dublin 1. I'm sure it is available elsewhere though..

Addictive, one will not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Ritter Sport Butter Biscuit! Heavenly. Surprised you found it in an Irish newsagents! I've seen it in Lidl though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Crumpets wrote: »
    Ritter Sport Butter Biscuit! Heavenly. Surprised you found it in an Irish newsagents! I've seen it in Lidl though :)

I've seen them in my local off licence on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I used to get Ritter bars in a couple of Topaz's in Waterford, but they've been gone from the shelves since January. :(

My gf tried the Cadbury/Ritz and didn't like it, and she usually would like stuff like that. Personally I like the Cadbury/Lu bar, but in saying that, it's not a patch on the Ritter Sport bar imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm addicted to these bars. I'm surprised the consensus is to dislike them. I think they're lovely. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I tried one and it tasted okay but the logistics of trying to keep the little tucs in place ended up with it being disappointing.

Advertisement