Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam text from Dunnes?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get a mms message from "Dunnes" saying you have won xyz. You click to view the message and it takes you to the play store (on android) to install and app.

Strange thing was that the mms had my name and mobile number! Question is where did they get that from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

elderlemon wrote: »
    Anyone else get a mms message from "Dunnes" saying you have won xyz. You click to view the message and it takes you to the play store (on android) to install and app.

Strange thing was that the mms had my name and mobile number! Question is where did they get that from?

Don't install it, sounds like Malware, I just searched the play store and there is no Dunne's app on my Google Nexus 5....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

No way I'd install it. The app it wanted to install was nothing to do with dunnes - Was some gothic game or such. Just wondering how they got my name and number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Dunnes Stores do not engage in any direct SMS promotions that would require an application or download. Ignore all text messages and delete immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Got one like it saying I was sent a picture to click the link it also had my name so I'm guessing a site I bought from was hacked. Kniw a few others who got tge same text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

just got an mms saying I had won 500 euro from dunnes. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

FFS, if you get an unsolicited message, just delete it. Don't phone them back (probably a premium line) or click on any links.

Bank of Ireland forum is full of threads whinging about unsolicited spam e-mails as if this sh1t only started a few weeks ago, haven't people learned anything the past few years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

coylemj wrote: »
    FFS, if you get an unsolicited message, just delete it. Don't phone them back (probably a premium line) or click on any links.

Bank of Ireland forum is full of threads whinging about unsolicited spam e-mails as if this sh1t only started a few weeks ago, haven't people learned anything the past few years?
    I didn't open it,i just deleted it,then googled it to learn it was spam

Advertisement