Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway or cork for student life?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I was thinkin of goin to college in galway or cork this september but cant chose. I have been livin in cork for the past year and its ok but I just keep thinkin wud galway be beter for me like as a more student town , which wud be beter which has more friendlier people?? Is cork kinda dark n not as happy as galway or is it just me, in cork ive noticed lots of junkies n stuff which kinda turns u off , like is cork a studenty city or ??? Which wud be good for nightlife , pros and cons of each, I cant choose pls help me !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't use text speak here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

I moved up to Galway last year. The place is good craic and the people are really friendly. Haven't been to Cork in years but it just didn't seem as enticing to me as Galway. There's always stuff going on there. It's small enough to walk down the street and bump into a familiar face but big enough to avoid them if you want! haha. Hard to choose but you've already lived in Cork for awhile. Why not give Galway a shot?

Advertisement