Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity bill too high?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My family is currently living in a rented 4-bed house, and to try and keep costs manageable I signed up for Bord Gais level-pay option. It was calculated at €165 per month, which I basically accepted at face value. However, I'm wondering now if that's typical or too much?

Does it seem reasonable? How's it compare with other homes, out of curiosity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 1809allan

Have you looked at bonkers.ie ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It really depends on a lot of factors- but mostly- what has the historic usage for the property been like? This time of the year is always the most expensive- but 165 for a 4 bed seems pretty bang on the money- providing heating is by an alternate, non-electrical method (e.g. gas etc).

You can review in 6 months time and see how accurate its been........

Advertisement