Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Road Kinvara 2014 - Half & 10k

Options
  • 28-02-2014 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Couldn't see a thread for this.

Anyone running this tomorrow? Doing the half marathon. The weathers not supposed to be great but looking forward to it. Heard it's sold too so should be busy.

Traffic can be mental beforehand and the parking is a bit out so give yourself plenty of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

I'm running this one Stampydmonkey (10k)- once we don't have gales I'll be happy enough !

Its sold out alright, a couple of pals of mine tried to register last night with no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Doing the half.

It falls perfectly in our Marathon plan for Limerick in May, so just gonna jump into the 1:40 pace group.

Hopefully the weather is ok, I hate having to layer up for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

It'll be my first ever 10k. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

So how'd ye find it? Was grossly over layered and suffered from mile 8 on. Lost the 1:40 pacers round mile 9 and struggled back for 1:44 on my watch.. Same time as last year but thought id knock something off it. Anyhow well organised and lovely tee shirt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thought it was a fairly flawless setup by the organisers, hats off to them, well done.

Can't believe the weather was so good, I had to ditch a layer in the tea tent before the race, as I was roasting after warming up.

Stuck with the 1:40 pacers till 12 miles, and picked up the pace a bit then to get under 1:40, the pacers were class, the pace was bang on the whole way around, that was my first experience running in a pace group, and thought it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

Ya thought it was extremely well organised only complaint I have is no bananas left or food in tent for late finishers. While a gang of about 20 of us who finished later than most were going in for tea/coffee all trays of biscuits etc were being finished off by children and a few people who were dressed in normal clothes (apologies if they were competitors who finished very early and had showers and had time to put makeup and then got food) Just was disappointing after doing half marathon not a thing to eat which I wouldn't mind as much if it was the people who paid the entry fees who ate it all. (winge over)

Amazing day for running like the two posters above I had too many layers on, route really good condition very well signposted, water stations perfect locations, start of race had no stress involved smoothly run event.

Overall brilliantly organized, only down point was my time was crap got a really bad stitch early on and paid dearly for it:(

Any idea when results will be put up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Results are up on precision timing website( sorry, on phone, can't link).

Enjoyed it myself, well organised event.. Weather spot on. Will be back..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Results are up on precision timing website( sorry, on phone, can't link).

Enjoyed it myself, well organised event.. Weather spot on. Will be back..

Cool thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great win by Abhainn today, sets him up nicely for London.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Very well organised and marshaled.
    Weather was perfect.
    Bananas and tea at the end were great but other food could be improved :)

Just before the finish line there was a steel Banner that looked like the finish line.
    I saw loads of people that stopped there and then had to go again when the crowd would point out the correct finish line to them.
    Suppose they should have known better, watched it for the chip mat, but still twas confusing for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Great win by Abhainn today, sets him up nicely for London.

My 3rd time at Kinvara. Great event. Great buzz around the start. Lovely (not easy) half marathon route. Nice win and bagged a PB. A good day

2nd time running Kinvara and it won't be the last, well organised, great atmosphere and a beautiful part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Don Beezie

Hey all, great day alright. Very well organised with no fuss, just turn up and run. Ran the 10k and Managed to clock a decent time considering I was out until 2am the night before so delighted with that! Any idea where we can see pics from the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Don Beezie wrote: »
    Any idea where we can see pics from the day?
    they usually have loads on Facebook and also on the official website after a few days

My brother is a photographer and took quite a few shots on the day.

Looking at the shots, first half is the start of the HM and the rest are the finishing line ( 32-50 minutes 10k I would guess).

http://www.paulduanephotography.ie/race/kinvara.html

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Did the 10 in 67:03 which I was happy enough with. I hadn't run the distance in training in nearly a year, so I was just glad to finish. Though I did have to walk some of it :/

Really well put together event, couldn't fault the organisation or stewarding, and the cuppa and banana afterwards really hit the spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Don Beezie

Thanks for that, he snapped myself and my brother crossing the line looking worse for wear!

Advertisement