Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 28-02-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

I backed Ferryview Place only for it to be withdrawn at Kempton last night. Goes at Wolverhampton 6.35 this evening. Forecast price of 12/1, Bet365 offering 9/4.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Sticking with my recent "Harry" run of good luck and lashing onto Big Hands Harry in the 2:20 Newbury :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fancy Measured Approval for the second last at Dundalk.

Last time out, it finished in third a length behind Ningaloo Reef who is also out today. That day, Measured Approval carried an extra 3lbs over Ningaloo Reef - today it's Ningaloo Reef who carries nearly an extra stone on Measured Approval. Christy's Call is the other main market participant, it steps up considerably in class from recent runs here, I think it's asking a lot for it to be competitive at this kind of mark. Sretaw is a danger, showed some very nice turf form, but no telling what it will do on the A/W today. Gunshoot has been well fancied in a few previous contests, although at this kind of mark, it'd be hard to get too excited about it given recent form.

All in all, I think Measured Approval is at a very nice mark, has showed it can be competitive at this level (see the last run) and has a bit more class than the rest of these. At 11/1 - I think that's quite a nice price to take.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Carroll/Joey must have 1/2 winners tonight anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Terrible maiden backed O'Briens at 3/1. Will look big if he gets in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

Totally speculative EW punt on Subtle Knife in the 4.10 at Lingfield at 20/1.

• Advertisement

Ok

Continuing my Harry theme :D

3x€5 e/w doubles
    1x€10 e/w treble

Big Hands Harry 2;20 Newbury @ 4/5

Harry Trotter 6:15 Dundalk @10/1

Whispering Harry 4:00 Newbury @ 2/1

bumper234 wrote: »
    Ok

Continuing my Harry theme :D

3x€5 e/w doubles
    1x€10 e/w treble

Big Hands Harry 2;20 Newbury @ 4/5

Harry Trotter 6:15 Dundalk @10/1

Whispering Harry 4:00 Newbury @ 2/1
    When that comes in, lump the lot of Harry The Viking at Doncaster tomorrow :pac:

When that comes in, lump the lot of Harry The Viking at Doncaster tomorrow :pac:

Oh i will be backing that anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Megaleka 9-1 3.00 Lingfield
    Tingle Triangle 28-1 ew 6.35
    Ocean Legend 6-1 7.15 Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Like the chances of Carrols in the first anyway, less inclined to back the other two. Therefore, all should back the latter two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

bumper234 wrote: »
    Oh i will be backing that anyway :D
    And then back Harry Molloy to do a lazarus and return to FAIR CITY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

****ing hell lads, backing any horse this time of year is insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gretsky has changed hands and now runs in the 7.05 at wolves
    best at 16s (boyles 8s)

surely too big at that given how consistent the
    horse has been at dundalk

Catchy Lass 9-4 8.15
    Could with this easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Serious rise in the hc for Maontri. 40lb in 3 runs and still winning handy.

Question is how did they manage to get her beat off 58 on her handicap debut.

Little Arrows can run better tonight. 25-1 ew 8.45
    Black devil 6-1 win

Boronia 14-1 9.15 ew

A rare bet on the AW for myself. Went with the English raider in the last at 7/4. I really dont know a whole pile about it but im having a few cans and am getting brave.
    haha

Joey you bute. Happy friday!!

Fancy Measured Approval for the second last at Dundalk.

Last time out, it finished in third a length behind Ningaloo Reef who is also out today. That day, Measured Approval carried an extra 3lbs over Ningaloo Reef - today it's Ningaloo Reef who carries nearly an extra stone on Measured Approval. Christy's Call is the other main market participant, it steps up considerably in class from recent runs here, I think it's asking a lot for it to be competitive at this kind of mark. Sretaw is a danger, showed some very nice turf form, but no telling what it will do on the A/W today. Gunshoot has been well fancied in a few previous contests, although at this kind of mark, it'd be hard to get too excited about it given recent form.

All in all, I think Measured Approval is at a very nice mark, has showed it can be competitive at this level (see the last run) and has a bit more class than the rest of these. At 11/1 - I think that's quite a nice price to take.
    Rotten ride, no intention of trying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement