Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really would like an idea as to when I will get my service back now.

Options
  • 28-02-2014 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Over 2 weeks now ,still no repair or any details given as to when I might expect a repair. I am really starting to get annoyed by this. I like every one else know there was a storm so I don't need to be told that. Fault ref number 12142267. I want to know has the damaged been accessed ,and when should I expect my service to return?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Over 2 weeks now ,still no repair or any details given as to when I might expect a repair. I am really starting to get annoyed by this. I like every one else know there was a storm so I don't need to be told that. Fault ref number 12142267. I want to know has the damaged been accessed ,and when should I expect my service to return?
    Hi anthony4335
    Our apologies for the delay in getting your fault resolved. This delay is due to the exceptionally high number of faults due to recent weather. Your own area has been hit pretty hard and we are working to get all faults resolved as soon as possible. I have asked for update on your fault and hope to have word later today or Monday.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimb43

Antony   they should be with ya shortly ok  sorry for the wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Any update? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any update? :(

Hi anthony4335

The most I can see is that this is currently with technicians and is provisionally forecasted to be resolved within the next three days. Apologies for the delays.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan/Tony,
    Cheers for the updates. If you could pass it on to the engineers that anything done to improve my connection speeds while they are doing the repair would be great.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan/Tony,
    Cheers for the updates. If you could pass it on to the engineers that anything done to improve my connection speeds while they are doing the repair would be great.
    Hi anthony4335

I'll pass on that message however as the line issue is the cause of the issue in hand I'm not confident there will be any improvement until it's fully resolved.

Thanks

Al

I dont think so either, but the exchange I am connected to is about 4.5Km from the house but there is another box less than 2 Km in the other direction that services houses as close as 500m away from me. That could greatly improve my speeds, and also help one or more neighbours out that have issues with party lines and not been able to avail of broadband using the Tiermaclane exchange.
    But again a big thanks for the updates

I dont think so either, but the exchange I am connected to is about 4.5Km from the house but there is another box less than 2 Km in the other direction that services houses as close as 500m away from me. That could greatly improve my speeds, and also help one or more neighbours out that have issues with party lines and not been able to avail of broadband using the Tiermaclane exchange.
    But again a big thanks for the updates

Hi anthony4335

It's not possible to change an exchange unfortunately, cables are not laid in direct sight and there would be a number of technical aspects surrounding this.

I do hope this is resolved soon for you, the status has not been updated from what I previously advised but I'll keep my eye on it for you.

Al

Advertisement