Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Help Needed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That soft box thing is OK, but tends to collapse quite easily

This is a great (Android) app for Canon - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh thanks I saw someone use that. What cable do you need to use it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Zascar wrote: »
    Oh thanks I saw someone use that. What cable do you need to use it?

An OTG (on the go) cable (~ £1.50 on ebay) connects the USB cable from your camera to the Micro-USB port on your phone or tablet. Not all devices can use OTG though, my Galaxy Note for example won't connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CharlieOscar

So finally my flash has arrived, (well not yet, email confirmation they tried to deliver it) and it is down in the sorting office.
    Looks like I wont have VAT or any other excise duty on it.
    Fingers crossed it works.
    Dont think I will ever ever ever buy from ebay hong kong sellers again, customer service is absolutely terrible.
    I'll do a review later, fingers crossed no problems.

So my flash finally arrived.......may be reluctant to buy from Hong Kong again, as customer service is terrible and postage just takes too long.

However, the flash is fantastic and works superbly with my 60D. I'd defo recommend the flash just not the buyer, if you can find it for about €120 / £100 on Amazon, then pick one up there rather than waiting for it to come from Hong Kong!!!! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Gonna hijack the thread but looking at the 568 exII do people reckon it's worth the extra money over the 565? This will be the first flash and would rather pay the extra couple of quid if it means i won't want to upgrade in 6 months. Given that i often hand the camera to friends does auto mode work well on it? Excuse the possible stupid question, as i say this is the first flash I'll be buying.

The auto mode works perfect on the 565 to be honest
    What I would suggest is to get rechargable batteries cause the flash uses battery power like there is no tomorrow.
    Made the mistake already where batteries died.

Advertisement