Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China-any business idea?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience of setting up business in china. Have a few ideas including recruitment...does anyone have any idea what could become big in china over the coming years? Any insight welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Hello Karlove I have experience in sourcing products in China often thought about businesses that might take off over there with the wealth thats growing over there. A lot of the middle and upper class want western products as the see them as a status symbol Alot of the Chinese are also very health concious so maybe some sort of a health or fashion product.Had a few ideas myself but never really got too much into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

If I was seriously thinking of starting a business in China or anywhere overseas, the last place I would be posting or seeking ideas is on here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

China is not the land of milk and honey that people make it out to be. Most businesses you see on the street are just American owned companies eg starbucks or McDonald's. Opening in a major city is quite expensive and in China corruption is just part of doing business. There is a lot of talk of a bubble in China. They make or obsession with property seem normal. There growth is slowing quite quickly. Most cheap manufacturing that China used to do is being moved back to the west or Vietnam. Very few Chinese have made it on their own. Most money in China is corruption money and crack downs on corruption is destroying luxury goods demand.

The Irish economy is recovering. Why not start a business in Ireland? It's going to be easier than trying to get to grips with a different culture, language and tastes. There is plenty of opportunity in Europe if you look

• Registered Users Posts: 29 apintpls

A good/unique/innovative product/service will be the key to success in China. The only question is how to find this product or service to offer.

For any particular goods if there are several manufacturers in the world, the chance is that they are already selling to China through their own subsidiaries/offices in China or through Chinese importers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Any business that will be able to take care of their shadow banking crisis in years to come will do fantastically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement