Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 aerotuned

Yes I'm headin on the 10-15 of April I'd say,just going bite the bullet and crack on with it, thinking the same fort mamurry, for 6 months , I'm going first to make money then see after that . Hopefully get a job I'm a carpenter,
    As with working in England will I need to get some form of an national insurance number it's same as our Prsi number at home. ? Or can I hop off a plane and start work once I get a job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wexman2213

Fort McMurray wouldn't exactly be the "happening" spot in terms of social life (and I'm not talking about drinking). Calgary or Edmonton would be a better option for a balanced lifestyle but it's all about what you prefer at the end of the day. The real money is made in the camp jobs in fort mc but there is little to no social life and long working hours (i.e. you live in a camp and not in the actual town of Fort Mc itself).

Just something to consider while deciding.

Well i ment happening as in lots of work,i understand what your saying do.
    Id probably like to knuckle down straight away and make a few pound then do a bit of travelling.Are these camp jobs difficult to get? And would you know of any good sites for jobs ?Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

I don't know of any info sorry. And as far as I know they aren't too difficult to come by, because there is a high demand for the workforce but not too many who'll take the jobs.

Advertisement