Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure for getting a bank draft

Options
  • 28-02-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I need to get a bank draft for a garage to pay for my car.  Do I need to order it in advance from the branch or can I just drop in and get it?  I don't have an invoice or quotation or paperwork from the garage yet, is that ok?  
    The counter services are severely curtailed in your Bray branch and I don't want a wasted trip and long queue.
    Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to boards.ie.

Once you know the exact amount you require and the funds are available in your account, you can purchase a bank draft at any Bank of Ireland branch. While our branches do currently operate cash less days, this will not impact you as you can purchase a draft any day during opening hours without having to pre order. 

Please note, a bank draft can only be issued for amounts of E500 or more and remember to bring identification with you on the day.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Susan Buckley

Hi Susan,

Once you know the exact amount you require and the funds are available in your account, you can purchase a bank draft at any Bank of Ireland branch. While our branches do currently operate cash less days, this will not impact you as you can purchase a draft any day during opening hours without having to pre order. 

Please note, a bank draft can only be issued for amounts of E500 or more and remember to bring identification with you on the day.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    That's perfect, thank you Elaine, you've answered my question.
    Susan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

sorry for posting on this thread but it seems relevant rather than posting a new one - how much is a bank draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Thanks it is a euro draft for > 5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi jaggiebunnet,

Thanks for your post.

The charge for a domestic bank draft is €2.40 each. I have removed my post and reviewed the link – this link below gives further information on Fees and Charges for different account types.

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/fees-and-charges-feb.pdf

If you require any further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks

Nicola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Ger22

Hi Susan,

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Hi Elaine,

I have a similar situation to this. I have my current account and savings account with Bank of Ireland. Do the funds need to be available in the current account or, as long as I have the funds in the savings account can I get a bank draft?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Ger22 wrote: »
    Hi Susan,

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Hi Elaine,

I have a similar situation to this. I have my current account and savings account with Bank of Ireland. Do the funds need to be available in the current account or, as long as I have the funds in the savings account can I get a bank draft?

Thanks

Hi Ger22,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

We'd ask that you have the money available in your current account when purchasing a Draft. Once you have the money available in your current account you should be able to get a Euro draft from any cashier in a branch of Bank of Ireland without ordering it. We'd also ask that you have photo ID with you when your purchasing a draft.

Thanks again for your message,
    Darren.

Advertisement