Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Is that on a website somewhere? seasessions.com hasn't updated their blog in ages.

I got it from the Sea Sessions facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Shame it's the other side of the country, that's a magic lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

What's the camping situation like? I don't particularly need any luxury, but really drunk kids getting aggressive and wrecking the place I could do without in the middle of the night.

It's a pretty small campsite! Only ever been last year and with the horrible weather I think most decided to stay in pubs until bedtime so not much night activity. There are free showers (in portacabins) too.
    I have family near Bundoran who have offered me a place to crash but despite the horrible weather I had good fun in the campsite so definitely camping again.
    It's located at the back of a pub with a shop (with deli) across the road. All really handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

guest124 wrote: »
    It's a pretty small campsite! Only ever been last year and with the horrible weather I think most decided to stay in pubs until bedtime so not much night activity. There are free showers (in portacabins) too.
    I have family near Bundoran who have offered me a place to crash but despite the horrible weather I had good fun in the campsite so definitely camping again.
    It's located at the back of a pub with a shop (with deli) across the road. All really handy!
    Thanks for the info. My mate has a big mpv so we are going to take out the back two rows of seats and sleep in the back. I read the local gaa club is providing a parking place but it seems pricy. We might look for somewhere handy to park and kip for the nights.

10300012_10152450402819369_2766615879286446688_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry if this is a bit of a novice question but on each day what time does the music kick off. Is there a time table so I can be there for the bands I like (and off having a drink when the bands I don't like are on). Also is there more than one stage?
    Thanks.

Sorry if this is a bit of a novice question but on each day what time does the music kick off. Is there a time table so I can be there for the bands I like (and off having a drink when the bands I don't like are on). Also is there more than one stage?
    Thanks.

There is 3 stages if I remember correctly. The stage breakdown and times wont be release until closer to the festival but if you google the stagetimes for the last few years you'll get an idea of start times and the likes.

Thanks.

Timetable will be released a few weeks before festival. From what I can remember from last year music started at about 5 on the Friday, 4 Sat and Sun, ish.
    3 stages I think. main tent, Vodafone tent and desperado beer tent (mostly DJ sets).
    There's a sea sessions festival phone app but I dont think it' been updated yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saturday looks really good except for the ****ing Strypes. Leftfield, even a DJ set, would have been a great finish to that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

At Sea Sessions in previous years a DJ played after the headliner.
    I expect Leftfield will be scheduled in the Main tent/stage after the Strypes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Hey, first timer question!

Does anyone know if the skate aspect of this festival is just exhibitions, or is there space for punters to skate around on? I would hate to arrive to find lots of nice tarmac/concrete and no gear! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

Thanks for the info. My mate has a big mpv so we are going to take out the back two rows of seats and sleep in the back. I read the local gaa club is providing a parking place but it seems pricy. We might look for somewhere handy to park and kip for the nights.

park up in the car park around the back of the Holyrood Hotel facing down onto the road. Beach is close, as is a shop and chemist. Madden's Bridge bar is 2 mins away :-)

park up in the car park around the back of the Holyrood Hotel facing down onto the road. Beach is close, as is a shop and chemist. Madden's Bridge bar is 2 mins away :-)

Thanks. We ended up going with the gaa idea. Showers and toilets will be appreciated I'd say

Not long to go now to the old Sea Sessions :-)

Will be in for the Friday / Saturday (the old bones couldnt take the 3 days).

Band wise, on Friday, I'm really looking forward to The Vincents and The Dandy Warhols. Sat, Funeral Suits, FF and the Minutes. Anyone recommend any bands worth checking out on the Fri / Sat.

Hopefully the weather is a bit better this year, as a few early beers on the beach would be nice. Anyways, might see ye's in Brennan's for a stout or 2

Keep 'er lit and pray to the sun gods

(home sweet home)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Yeah cannot wait for this in a few weeks going to buy the tent tomorrow, are we due good weather this year for a change ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Yeah cannot wait for this in a few weeks going to buy the tent tomorrow, are we due good weather this year for a change ?
    Far to early for a forecast but im looking forward to a beer on the beach no matter what!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 123bar56

Anyone notice flight facilities aren't on the individual stage break down??are they still playing??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

123bar56 wrote: »
    Anyone notice flight facilities aren't on the individual stage break down??are they still playing??

Yea i noticed that myself , no idea if they have cancelled. Maybe they are doing EP instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Pulling the plug on some tickets this evening. Looking forward to this now!

What's the deal on cans? Is it allowed to bring your own beer into the venues?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

What's the deal on cans? Is it allowed to bring your own beer into the venues?

Thanks in advance.

negatory. Much like most festivals, cans in the campsite, bars etc in the festival site

Nothing stopping you from trying sneak drink in though

negatory. Much like most festivals, cans in the campsite, bars etc in the festival site

Nothing stopping you from trying sneak drink in though

I found the security into the arena to be...thorough! You wont be able to sneak much booze in, if any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

guest124 wrote: »
    I found the security into the arena to be...thorough! You wont be able to sneak much booze in, if any :(

Yeah if its anything like last year your want to have your cans up your arse to avoid them being taken off you

Yeah if its anything like last year your want to have your cans up your arse to avoid them being taken off you

That scuppers my plan for the Liter sized cans so.
    2999127548_6bb9ff2eea.jpg

The Minutes have cancelled too

The Minutes
    Following the recent cancellation of our whelans show due to Mark's illness we're sorry to say the following shows are also out of the frame for the band.
    Sea Sessions, June 28th
    Light/Colour/Sound, Kilkenny July 5th
    T In the Park , Scotland July 13th
    Crane Lane, Cork July 14th
    Were sorry to have to cancel but it's the docs orders that we've got to follow on this one so we can get Mark back to where he needs to be.
    Sorry dudes. We'll make it up to you.
    TM

The Minutes have cancelled too

The Minutes

Disappointed to hear the minutes have cancelled but the health gets priority. Flight facilities definitely cancel?
    Ports, formerly Little Bear are now on the roster. They are a top band. Singer has a great voice.

Disappointed to hear the minutes have cancelled but the health gets priority. Flight facilities definitely cancel?
    Ports, formerly Little Bear are now on the roster. They are a top band. Singer has a great voice.

Sea Sessions Surf & Music Festival

Were sorry to have to cancel but it's the docs orders that we've got to follow on this one so we can get Mark back to where he needs to be.
    Sorry dudes. We'll make it up to you.

On the positive side Raglans will play their slot and Ports (Formerly Little Bear) will play Raglans slot!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eoghanc94

Is there definitely a no alcohol policy for the campsite? Absolutely gutted if that is the case.

Eoghanc94 wrote: »
    Is there definitely a no alcohol policy for the campsite? Absolutely gutted if that is the case.

Naw naw...get it into you! There is no personal drink allowed into the festival site. Campsite is party central :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Eoghanc94

Naw naw...get it into you! There is no personal drink allowed into the festival site. Campsite is party central :-)

Thank god :)

Advertisement