Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to stableize overclock

Options
  • 28-02-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Hi guys Im back again with a different system.I have a Intelcore duo E8200 matched to a asus P%E-V HDMI.Its over clock to 3.25 from 2.6 and its stable using the following settings.

Cpu Ratio 08.0
    FSB Frquency 405
    PCIE Frequency 105
    DRam auto
    Dram timing Manual,5,6,6,15
    Cpu voltage 1.3500v
    Reference Auto
    Dumper
    Auto
    Pll 1.50v
    Dram1.80v
    FSB 1.30v
    North bridge 1.31v
    North bridge reference Auto
    South bridge voltage Auto

Now at this very moment I have it running on the same settings to 3.6ghz but its not stable.It fails prime pretty much straight away but as I said its running.Would anyone be able to help me iron on the kinks to get this running stable ?

If anymore info is needed about the setup just ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

damagegt wrote: »
    Hi guys Im back again with a different system.I have a Intelcore duo E8200 matched to a asus P%E-V HDMI.Its over clock to 3.25 from 2.6 and its stable using the following settings.

Cpu Ratio 08.0
    FSB Frquency 405
    PCIE Frequency 105
    DRam auto
    Dram timing Manual,5,6,6,15
    Cpu voltage 1.3500v
    Reference Auto
    Dumper
    Auto
    Pll 1.50v
    Dram1.80v
    FSB 1.30v
    North bridge 1.31v
    North bridge reference Auto
    South bridge voltage Auto

Now at this very moment I have it running on the same settings to 3.6ghz but its not stable.It fails prime pretty much straight away but as I said its running.Would anyone be able to help me iron on the kinks to get this running stable ?

If anymore info is needed about the setup just ask.

What RAM are you running , what speed is it rated too , what are you running it at?

also temperatures under load , can you play games and boot into windows fine but it just fails prime? does it fail super Pi , or intelburnin test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

The ram nothing great.Its only rated to 800.Its running on auto.The system on full load on the gpu and prime95 is 56c.It doesnt get anywhere near that when gaming/idel

I upped the voltage to 1.4v and done the vdroop mod as the board suffers quite bad from it and its a lot more stable then the previous settings..It boots fine and does everything else fine.It runs games,bf3 dayz fine but seems to bs when I alt tab after 3-4 hours.It doesnt fail any of the test in Prime95,all tests were ran over 12+ hours.

I haven't tried intel of Pi yet.Since the temps are still pretty low could I up the voltage a tad more ?

Advertisement