Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experiences with O'Reilly School of Technology?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm seriously considering doing O'Reilly's Java Certificate course. At €1010* it's not cheap but I like the setup, and I've always liked O'Reilly's Safari Books offerings.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the school or thoughts on this course? Thanks!

*edit: I should mention that the price I mentioned is based on promo which expires today. I have no affiliation, just happened to be checking out courses and found this one today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭rock22

Hi,

I'm seriously considering doing O'Reilly's Java Certificate course. At €1010* it's not cheap but I like the setup, and I've always liked O'Reilly's Safari Books offerings.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the school or thoughts on this course? Thanks!

*edit: I should mention that the price I mentioned is based on promo which expires today. I have no affiliation, just happened to be checking out courses and found this one today.

Would you not be better to do Sun's ( now Oracle's,) certification. I think it would be a fraction of the cost .

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

Well I've actually gone ahead and signed up for the O'Reilly one so I suppose I'll be able to give feedback on that later. But the Oracle training (€840 on this page) looks like it would be around the same or more expensive with the certification on top of that.

I would hope to do the Oracle/Sun exam later but with my 'basic training' taken care of I'd probably be happy to prepare for that with a book. Thanks for the tip though!

Advertisement