Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Nicky Byrne show with Nicky and Jenny

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

mikeym wrote: »
    Who cares about the Eurovision, even if Ireland won it would not be of economic benefit to the country and it would cost millions.

Cant afford it end of.

Thank you Captain Bring-Everyone-Down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I remember waiting in the arrivals area of Dublin Airport a few years back.

While I was waiting, Nicky and the wife came out with Nicky wheeling the trolley of luggage.

As they approached their driver/flunkie, Nicky-without breaking stride- let the trolley freewheel towards him with the greeting "grab that will ya" and carried on towards the exit.

Real primma donna behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just catching up with the news from the Weekend, and while I haven't heard the song, all signs point to it being terrible. It should have served as a wake up call to him that the majority of music listeners are over 14.
    Instead, the bitter little man decides to put down everything else, and fail to acknowledge that the song could have been cráp.
    “I thought we delivered a very good performance. I’ve been on stage for 20 years and you know when you’ve nailed it. You know when you smashed it . . . and we nailed that.”
    Failing to realise it was a bad song, he watched his performance back
    “for pig iron, to confirm to myself that it was good and it came across on television exactly how I felt when I was doing it”.
    and fails to see how they could have improved it.
    “I honestly can’t see what we could have done,”

Time to start putting down the other acts, and start accusing Countries of fixing it. (And still fails to acknowledge that the song could be cráp).
    “Maybe if we had an endless budget we could have done a load of graphics like Russia did, but to be honest with you the Russian one was just copying last year’s entry and I’m not sure that Russian song is very good.”
    “We were in there with Latvia, Serbia, Lithuania and Belarus amongst others and they all vote for each other to make sure they’re all in the competition on Saturday as a bit of a stand against Russia. So Switzerland, Ireland, Norway and Denmark fall by the way . . . Is it even about the quality of the song anymore? I really don’t know.”
    "Maybe Sweden is in with a chance to win it again this year because all the Nordic countries, all the Scandinavian countries, aren't in it now so who do they vote for? That's if you go on voting for your neighbours."

How could it be "repaired" for the future? (No mention of removing everybody involved and starting fresh from the ground up).
    “[We went in] with one of the best songwriters in the pop world, Wayne Hector, and then a world-class producer, Ronan Hardiman and someone from a band like Westlife that has a fanbase across Europe . . . I have no idea what RTÉ should do next. I really don’t.”
    Did he hang around for the Final?
    He said he wasn't going to, and even changed his flights home to leave before the Final (Said he was leaving on Saturday).

Seems he forgot he was supposed to be representing his Country, and not his bank account.

Did he even congratulate Ukraine?
    Doubt it, unless he tweeted some BS.

What a bitter little w****r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's funny how he talks about having a "world class" producer and a top songwriter. Even I could tell that the song was shit, and I'm no music expert. Irrespective of Nicky Byrne's singing ability (or lack thereof), the song was never going to make it out of the semi-final stage.
    If those guys think they're "world class", then I think we have to re-evaluate the definition of what "world class" means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's funny how he talks about having a "world class" producer and a top songwriter. Even I could tell that the song was shit, and I'm no music expert. Irrespective of Nicky Byrne's singing ability (or lack thereof), the song was never going to make it out of the semi-final stage.
    If those guys think they're "world class", then I think we have to re-evaluate the definition of what "world class" means.

It's funnier that he thinks Westlife have a fanbase across Europe, and worse, that it should be enough to swing votes.

People are aware they exist, in Countries where German is a language.
    Norway and Sweden liked them for a bit.
    That leaves roughly 21 Countries in Europe that haven't a clue who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Westlife broke up years ago, and Nicky wasn't exactly front and centre in the group. I don't know how he could think that would stand to him in the Eurovision tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

In fairness, I've not particular liking for Nicky and I didn't see his performance mainly because I wasn't interested enough but listening to the song the other day it didn't come across as all that bad and he sounded well on the recording. Mind you that's not a ringing endorsement given the technology available today in recording studios. The song was safe and fairly forgettable. Pure bubblegum stuff. I can't remember it now a few days later. I think that says it all. I didn't like the song that won. I think it was a bit of a sympathy vote and I think the Ukranians sent that song knowing it was sympathy bait and it worked but I remember it because it provoked a reaction and is an OK song despite it not being to my personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TPMP

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to listen back to today's show somewhere? I was on it for a few mins and shamelessly want to listen back to it with a few friends!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TPMP wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to listen back to today's show somewhere? I was on it for a few mins and shamelessly want to listen back to it with a few friends!

Thanks

This is it.

Sidenote, the 2FM website is horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TPMP

Ah thats great, thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Sure he has to make a living he really struggling since being 5th member of westlife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

All the best for tomorrow, Jenny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

What fool thought putting a washed up ex boyband member and a 00s dance dj together on the radio in the midmornings would attract listeners ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

i used to listen to the lunchtime hour of their show before it was moved to the earlier slot. I think they get on rather well.

Advertisement