Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a fun/different triathlon!

Options
  • 28-02-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a few recommendations for some different/fun triathlons for this year - sprint or Olympic distance is fine? Anyone done any that they just couldn't miss out on this year, bit of craic afterwards and during??

Thanks,

T

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What do you mean by fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭brownetara

One that isn't too serious, bit of craic and banter from the people taking part, the marshalls etc. After party that's worth going to etc. Anything at all. Or even like Escape from Spike Island - where you swim in from the prison - just something to make it a bit different and a memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Plenty of competitors at Athy each year dress up in costumes and I've seen high nellys with shopping baskets on the the front stuffed with goodies used on the bike leg - definitely a bit of banter there although not officially branded as a 'novelty' event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All triathlons are fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

If you're in it more for social side - Valentia Island has a great after party. Really well run race too.

Fairly big step up from sprint to olympic though, so if you're not sure, or it's you're first triathlon, i'd do a sprint if I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭brownetara

If you're in it more for social side - Valentia Island has a great after party. Really well run race too.

Fairly big step up from sprint to olympic though, so if you're not sure, or it's you're first triathlon, i'd do a sprint if I was you.

Have done one Olympic and two sprints so while I'm far from an elite athlete, I don't mind giving it a go,

thanks,

T :)

Advertisement