Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worldwide March Against Corruption - none in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

There will be a series of protests occuring around the world on March 1st 2014 (tomorrow) against government corruption and the collection of personal data including the monitoring of innocent people's webcams etc. There's a protest planned in London but no listing for a Dublin protest on the protest groups main webpage. http://marchagainstcorruption.com/event-center/
    Does anyone know if there is actually one taking place?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Nothing about it that I can find anyway. It seems to be centred on North America rather than a genuine 'worldwide' effort going by the map there on the page you have linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 UtopianWarlord

I think part of the reason is any of these kinds of protests have been hijacked by the extreme left in this country. Which is unfortunate, but most normal people aren't inclined to protest anyway, especially if they see it as just another protest organized by career protesters with extreme views and who may cause trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I think part of the reason is any of these kinds of protests have been hijacked by the extreme left in this country. Which is unfortunate, but most normal people aren't inclined to protest anyway, especially if they see it as just another protest organized by career protesters with extreme views and who may cause trouble.

Yep, but as soon as people are told they need to shell out a few cents more on taxes, there's mass protest.
    Me Feiners and apres mois le deluge.
    The Irish couldn't give a sh*te about global social injustices as long as they can afford to go to the pub and get a 141 car.
    Which is why Irish "neutrality" is available to the highest bidder and we are happy to have rendition flights go through our country, because think of all that lovely money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Yep, but as soon as people are told they need to shell out a few cents more on taxes, there's mass protest.
    Me Feiners and apres mois le deluge.
    The Irish couldn't give a sh*te about global social injustices as long as they can afford to go to the pub and get a 141 car.
    Which is why Irish "neutrality" is available to the highest bidder and we are happy to have rendition flights go through our country, because think of all that lovely money!
    I think you just illustrated his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Maybe because we are and always have been free of corruption in this great little country of ours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement