Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga classes Dublin City

Options
  • 28-02-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good beginners class in Dublin City, either northside or southside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I started attending Samadhi Yoga in Temple Bar a few weeks ago. I've been to six or seven classes I think, with a few different teachers. All the classes I've attended have been beginner or mixed level classes- where it's understood that you go as as far as comfortable with a pose while others might go further (I suppose that's relevant to every class really; I just mean I didn't feel out of place beside people who have been attending a while longer than me).
    It has a nice atmosphere, classes never seem to go over 9 participants- the rooms wouldn't really allow for more. The teachers have been very pleasant & explain everything to first-timers. There are blocks/ belts etc for student use, which some other places I looked at don't seem to have. They also have mats for rental.
    They have a loyalty card so you get a free class after- I think- 12 or 15 classes. I'd love to go more often than once a week/ week & half, it would be great if they had a deal like other places have, where you pay a monthly fee for unlimited number of classes- but I might be getting ahead of myself there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Samadhi Yoga centre in Temple bar is excellent.

There is a more full list of yoga teachers in the city centre (and other parts of Dublin) at
    http://www.burrenyoga.com/yoga-ireland/local-yoga-classes/dublin-yoga-classes/

Just scroll down to the area code that you are interested in. So for city centre, scroll to Dublin 2, or possible Dublin 1.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭purethick

+1 for Greg in Samadhi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

There's a new 4 week Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga starting in Balance Yoga in Drumcondra next Thursday 27th at 7pm if you're interested.

http://www.balanceireland.com/location

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

MaeveD wrote: »
    There's a new 4 week Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga starting in Balance Yoga in Drumcondra next Thursday 27th at 7pm if you're interested.

http://www.balanceireland.com/location

Hello,

Do you know how much it costs? I couldn't find it on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Hello,

Do you know how much it costs? I couldn't find it on the site.

It's 45 euro.

Advertisement