Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA to investigate 76 clubs over FFP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Premier League sides Manchester City and are believed to be among the clubs involved,

I assume it's Chelsea, but still :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

lol typical sky. i cant see anything big happening anyway. as its the first season a lot of big clubs will probably get a slap on the wrist with a warning. maybe have their squad registration cut from 25 to 20 or something silly like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

If it ever happens, I hope, they hang Bayern Munich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If UEFA want this taken seriously, they have to follow through on what they said they would do from the beginning. Otherwise tear up the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Lars1916 wrote: »

I know they pay obscene wages and huge transfer fees but would they not generate millions of money?

• Advertisement

Red Crow wrote: »
    I know they pay obscene wages and huge transfer fees but would they not generate millions of money?

It's all about their CEO, an apparent tax dodger. He filed charges against himself, but maybe, just maybe, he will get in trouble in the end.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/steuerhinterziehung-hoeness-selbstanzeige-nicht-strafmildernd-12825477.html

Sorry, can't find an english link atm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Expect the teams from smaller footballing nations to be hammered while the bigger teams get a stern talking to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CSF wrote: »
    If UEFA want this taken seriously, they have to follow through on what they said they would do from the beginning. Otherwise tear up the whole thing.

All any club has to do is to be reducing the losses until about 2022 no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hoeness' trouble has nothing to do with Bayern. They have nothing to worry about with FFP.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Hoeness' trouble has nothing to do with Bayern. They have nothing to worry about with FFP.

I still think, it damages the reputation of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    All any club has to do is to be reducing the losses until about 2022 no?

I'm not 100% sure of the specifics, just assumed the investigations meant there were breaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I still think, it damages the reputation of the club.

Extreme wishful thinking that his tax problems will be tied in with Bayern under FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Is there a list of the teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

To put it into numbers:

237 teams in the CL or EL
    104 of those dont earn or spend over 4million a year, so cant be investigated.

That leaves 133 teams, out of which 76 are being investigated. That's just 57% of all teams that could be investigated...are being investigated. Ie. 1 in every 2 teams. Doubt any big names are "getting away" without having to submit further info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Ahead of clubs like Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Monaco, Zenit, Anzhi etc, ect.

Na.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

The day a bg club does not get 'invited' to a marquee competition like the Champions League cause of FFP will be the day hell freezes over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

German Football is usually very compliant with Financial rules and was a long time before these rules came in.

Italian clubs could be in a spot of bother as well as English clubs and a mixture from around Europe like Greek and Cypriot clubs.

The LOI is usually well within the rules.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You need to have money to spend it wrongly :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Paulegend wrote: »
    lol typical sky. i cant see anything big happening anyway. as its the first season a lot of big clubs will probably get a slap on the wrist with a warning. maybe have their squad registration cut from 25 to 20 or something silly like that

Its not the first season by far.
    Why do you say that?

A load of clubs have been excluded in the last few years including Spanish clubs.

Thats not the way it works actually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shams know all about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Thats not the way it works actually!

Fairly sure the LOI clubs aren't going to be operating at a loss in the millions and so wouldn't be a concern for FFP as far as I'm aware.

Again, does anybody have a link that provides a list of the clubs?! :o

Fairly sure the LOI clubs aren't going to be operating at a loss in the millions and so wouldn't be a concern for FFP as far as I'm aware.

Its the same method for every and each club in Europe. It has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the amount you owe. Thats the reason Rapid were excluded recently and some Bosnian clubs as well who have a turnaround fairly similar to LOI clubs.

You can be in trouble financially whether the turnover is in the hundreds of euros or billions the amount does not matter. That goes for the local business too. Surely thats obvious. And UEFA announces the clubs excluded at fairly frequent intervals. Sometimes clubs that are excluded dont actually qualify for Europe anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They're probably the only big club that are above board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

040214.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

FSG have said they will take uefa to court if ffp rules aren't implemented fully and sanctions imposed on clubs in breach of them. Not sure how successful they'll be but could be interesting.

UEFA fines and excludes clubs all the time. Virtually half the Greek league is excluded. Here is a few decisions from a few months ago.

http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2039912.html

I think Sky is wrong to claim that UEFA have a set list of 76 clubs. I imagine its fairley fluid and is always changing. They have to anyway because of the risk of crime syndicates and the like. UEFA keep a fairly tight eye on things now.

I think Derry were excluded as well if memory serves me right (might be wrong in that for three years)

Advertisement