Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat when TRAX Brasserie is booked?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hi

We left booking TRAX Brasserie too late so I will be missing out on that steak.

Can you recommend anywhere around Naas or West Wicklow?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Try Vie de Chateaux. Or Lemongrass. Or Swapna. In that order!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I am all lemongrassed out, but thanks for the other recommendations. If you encounter more good places to eat feel free to update the thread any time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

beertons wrote: »
    Try Vie de Chateaux.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

missmyler wrote: »
    +1
    Vie de Chateaux, it is more expensive than TRAX but worth it I think. Brown Bear in Two Mile House also good and have a shuttle service back to Naas. Butt Mullins is still as reliable as ever and great value these days.

Brown bear have a shuttle, I didn't know that. Must make a call to them and find out. Trax are also opening another restaurant, above Kavanaghs, next Friday. It's called Bouchon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Another vote here for the brown bear

We were in Naas Saturday afternoon so we drove around looking for somewhere to eat that evening.
    Try Vie de Chateaux.
    +1
    Vie de Chateaux, it is more expensive than TRAX but worth it I think.

Vie de Chateaux had all the windows painted white so it has either been closed down for renovation or it has closed down completely. I have never been but one person I know also recommended it although another said it was dirty or grotty though with so many recommending it maybe that was just a once off.

We were very surprised to find Il Fico still going a year or so after we had a terrible evening there. They played hip hop music, which I like some of but not at an Italian restaurant, we had to ask for bread despite being at an Italian restaurant which when it arrived was white sliced pan with something smeared on it, one of the couple beside us were brought the wrong food, cutlery did not match (small fork big knife), and one of the dishes we ordered was hotter than vindaloo and we could not eat it. It tasted like too much chilli ended up in it by accident. I have lost some respect for Paulo Tullo after he recommended the place.

We ended up booking a table at JuJu at the Johnstown Inn where good chicken wings and good steak were enjoyed. Steak was not as good as Trax but still good.
    Brown Bear in Two Mile House also good and have a shuttle service back to Naas. Butt Mullins is still as reliable as ever and great value these days.

Service at the Brown Bear was slow very slow when we tried it, I think they should have had more staff on. Somewhere we would consider trying again though.

Butt Mullins has a great name and is on my list to try.
    Trax are also opening another restaurant, above Kavanaghs, next Friday. It's called Bouchon.

Great, great information to have, thank you.

Thanks, some recommendation for Naas in there although I am specifically concerned with eating out rather than takeaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

dusf wrote: »
    We were very surprised to find Il Fico still going a year or so after we had a terrible evening there. They played hip hop music, which I like some of but not at an Italian restaurant, we had to ask for bread despite being at an Italian restaurant which when it arrived was white sliced pan with something smeared on it, one of the couple beside us were brought the wrong food, cutlery did not match (small fork big knife), and one of the dishes we ordered was hotter than vindaloo and we could not eat it. It tasted like too much chilli ended up in it by accident. I have lost some respect for Paulo Tullo after he recommended the place.

I was there on Tuesday evening and had a lovely meal. Granted it was only pizza and caprese salad but the pizzas were huge and really well done. Staff couldn't have been nicer too. They have a deal on Tues and Thurs in March for a pizza and beer for €12. Im not mad on the layout of the restaurant (too long and skinny) but other than that I would recommend it.

I was there on Tuesday evening and had a lovely meal. Granted it was only pizza and caprese salad but the pizzas were huge and really well done. Staff couldn't have been nicer too. They have a deal on Tues and Thurs in March for a pizza and beer for €12. Im not mad on the layout of the restaurant (too long and skinny) but other than that I would recommend it.

I am glad to hear others have had a good experience but nevertheless ours was a disaster. The calamari looked like a few onion rings were taken out of the freezer, fried, and thrown onto a plate - this was not the chilli dish.

I actually found the layout interesting. It must be said staff did take the food we could not eat off our bill without us asking.

• Advertisement

I like Il fico, others can't stand it. While it doesn't have the wow factor, I've never got a bad meal there. We got takeaway from it last night actually, and the 2 dishes we asked for technically weren't on the menu. A seafood pizza, and chicken arrabiata.

Advertisement