Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 3GS Stuck Charge Mode

• 28-02-2014 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

I recently picked up an old 3GS for cheap to see if I could get it going as it was stuck in charge mode.

On receiving it I noticed problems I wasn't made aware off before purchase, one small piece of the charging receptor the charger cable connects to is chipped off, however it stills seem to draw power and tries to charge.

I'm just wondering if this would prevent it taking the charge fully? Or is it a battery issue would ye think? Got it a fix up for my mam as she has a dodgy Android that keeps freezing.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

YOu can replace the charging port and maybe a new battery.

Try www.syncron.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Cheers Jonny I have a new battery due to arrive soon so will try that first and see. Will update after I do it, it's kinda a little project at this stage to me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Be very careful with the battery on it, its a pain to get at and you could snap a cable or two so take it slow :) I had the pleasure of replacing one at the weekend and I would rather not go near a 3gs again.

Ok so after putting in the new battery I pressed the power button and it turned on and is stuck on the Apple logo screen.. It had this issue with the old battery too, any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ok so after putting in the new battery I pressed the power button and it turned on and is stuck on the Apple logo screen.. It had this issue with the old battery too, any ideas?

I'd try putting it in DFU and restoring it as a new phone. Sorry if this was already mentioned. I didn't look.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    I'd try putting it in DFU and restoring it as a new phone. Sorry if this was already mentioned. I didn't look.

Thanks mate, can you explain exactly how? I've looked online and each site shows different steps so I think I'm doing it wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Turn it off. Hold the power button for three seconds, continue holding that and hold the home button for a further 10 seconds and then release the power button and hold the home button for another 6-8 seconds. The screen should be black and iTunes will say it detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Advertisement