Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

river feale kerry

Options
  • 28-02-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell what the restrictions are on this river for the 2014 season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

copper12 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell what the restrictions are on this river for the 2014 season

Catch and release up to march as far as i know, there a bag limit for the whole season, dazza who posts on here would know more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

tried that cant seem to find anything
    On my licence it states that
    The river Feale is subject to further restrictions ‘ check with IFI website
    I cant seem to find out what the restriction is

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Catch and release, barbless hooks to May 17th was last year so more than likely same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

As far as I know catch and release until 12th of May. Then 4 tags for the year, 1 more than last year

• Advertisement

thanks lads what about the white trout

copper12 wrote: »
    thanks lads what about the white trout

Same conditions as salmon, best time on feale for sea trout is June, by far the most productive month for sea trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Power Gear

Same conditions as salmon, best time on feale for sea trout is June, by far the most productive month for sea trout.

What is the sea trout(white trout in Kerry :D) run in The Feale like these years. The place was alive with them in the late 70's early 80's. I was there every morning in June and eary July at dawn. Would take home 20 or 30 each morning fishing a size 0 or 1 Mepps. Get some sleep and back again in the evening after tide for more.

Great fun.

Is it catch and release for sea trout now as well. I haven't fished since 1985. Thinking of going back to it. Great healthy passtime.

Will contact Finuge/Killocrim club.

feale-finuge-bridge.gif

Power Gear wrote: »
    What is the sea trout(white trout in Kerry :D) run in The Feale like these years. The place was alive with them in the late 70's early 80's. I was there every morning in June and eary July at dawn. Would take home 20 or 30 each morning fishing a size 0 or 1 Mepps. Get some sleep and back again in the evening after tide for more.

Great fun.

Is it catch and release for sea trout now as well. I haven't fished since 1985. Thinking of going back to it. Great healthy passtime.

Will contact Finuge/Killocrim club.

feale-finuge-bridge.gif

Still quiet good , very productive in June!

It's still a bit high and coloured at the moment unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

It's still a bit high and coloured at the moment unfortunately :(

Love the pic... What about the smerlagh any fish showing up there yet?

http://waterlevel.ie/0000023002/
    this might be of use

brown tags this year bummer

Advertisement