Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s home button

• 28-02-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

Hi guys bought a 32gb 5s last November,all in all I'm really happy with it
    However the button is becoming more and more annoying with a cracking sound.it feels really cheap and well cracky when I use it.i have the accessibility button on screen since the first week as I noticed the noise then and well I aim to keep the phone whilst I'm on contract so I want to keep the button as "healthy" as I can as I remember there have been issues with other iPhones and home buttons
    My question is should I be hearing this crack sound??
    At the start it would happen every now and again especially if I hadn't used it In a while and literally would go the second time I hit straight after
    However now it's not going away as quickly as it used to.
    Anyone else have any issues or like to share there opinion on how to get it resolved!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is it that it sounds like its being clicked twice when you just press it once? As if the button is loose? My 5s has the same issue but seems to have stopped before I got a chance to replace it. If the issue comes back again I'm going to send back to Apple.

If you call Apple care they will organise a free repair service for you or provide with a direct replacement delivered to you by courier for €29 plus a hold of the full value of the 5s on your credit card until they receive your old one via a courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi guys bought a 32gb 5s last November,all in all I'm really happy with it
    However the button is becoming more and more annoying with a cracking sound.it feels really cheap and well cracky when I use it.i have the accessibility button on screen since the first week as I noticed the noise then and well I aim to keep the phone whilst I'm on contract so I want to keep the button as "healthy" as I can as I remember there have been issues with other iPhones and home buttons
    My question is should I be hearing this crack sound??
    At the start it would happen every now and again especially if I hadn't used it In a while and literally would go the second time I hit straight after
    However now it's not going away as quickly as it used to.
    Anyone else have any issues or like to share there opinion on how to get it resolved!?
    My 5s 32gb is the same from day 1. I'm guessing its been reengineered due to its predecessors fail rate. It does click, but I like the resounding feel of it. Happy enough here. Great handset. Would be perfect if it was 8mm wider;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭skinny90

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Is it that it sounds like its being clicked twice when you just press it once? As if the button is loose? My 5s has the same issue but seems to have stopped before I got a chance to replace it. If the issue comes back again I'm going to send back to Apple.

If you call Apple care they will organise a free repair service for you or provide with a direct replacement delivered to you by courier for €29 plus a hold of the full value of the 5s on your credit card until they receive your old one via a courier.

It feels like there's something wobbly on the button from time to time....the funny thing is when I press it a few times at a moment it goes but I leave it for a while the first few will be cracking like there's something wrong
    I was just wondering if anyone heard or seen it first hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Don't wonder. Just contact Apple, they don't bite :p

Advertisement