Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly cat farts

• 28-02-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

My cat who i think is about 7yrs old, has in the past week or two started to have REALLY smelly farts :( there has been no change in diet. Any idea what might be causing this? I presume changing food is the way to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Laughed at the title.

Happens when there older, my dog lets some rippers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Lol, thanks :). These are lethal. One woke me from sleeping, thinking the cat had pooped inside. Not nice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dude has had lethal farts since his accident. A combination of reduced gut motility from the accident and a lack of tail to someone block the farts!! Gut motility could change as they get older which could explain what's going on with your kitty, I found using a better quality food is reducing the amount of times he farts (does nothing for the smell though!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

I reckon if you had a farting competition my lazy feck would win the gold

jaysus hes unreal its like a combination of beans eggs and dead fish all rolled into one and hes been like that since he was a kitten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Oh you poor thing! My ginger cat Beau used to be lethal with farting! They were like silent bombs! No warning just a horrible smell! It very rarely happens so I think he must have eaten something elsewhere and it didn't agree with his stomach, maybe the same has happened to your cat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

SingItOut wrote: »
    Oh you poor thing! My ginger cat Beau used to be lethal with farting! They were like silent bombs! No warning just a horrible smell! It very rarely happens so I think he must have eaten something elsewhere and it didn't agree with his stomach, maybe the same has happened to your cat?

it must the ginger genes as mine is also ginger and as for eating elsewhere he would if he wasn't too lazy to walk in the cold weather

as I type he has won the now nightly battle for the best seat on the couch with my wife he keeps head butting her glasses off so she cant watch the telly so she gives in and moves no fear id get the couch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Aw my Beau is on a low fat diet and I know all too well about the lazy aspect :D

Advertisement