Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flora's Women's Mini Marathon 2014 Mod Note #21

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I'm a glutton for punishment - I keep logging onto the Facebook page even though most of the comments there are annoying me. People really will find an excuse to complain about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

A lot of people on the facebook page are saying the timings are out and I really hope that isn't the case. I literally just scraped a sub 60 time but it would be by seconds and I'd really hate for this not to register for me to qualify as a runner next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

A lot of people on the facebook page are saying the timings are out and I really hope that isn't the case. I literally just scraped a sub 60 time but it would be by seconds and I'd really hate for this not to register for me to qualify as a runner next year!

My time was right, to the second. A lot of people (I'm guessing) will have read the results wrong or will have been confused by the difference between gun and chip time.

That said, you can use any recent 10k time as a runner - so if you do another 10k between now and then and get under the hour, you can use that time to enter as a runner next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I enjoyed it. I was in with the walkers but jogging, its very hard to jog it but I hope my time was correct and I've managed to qualify for jogging next year. I think some people take it way too seriously, its the only event I can think of that attracts all sorts of people and that is one of the things I love about it, its great to see women out who normally never do events of this kind and they should be encouraged all the way. There are enough events on around the place for proper runners and the MM is really about the charity end so the more people taking part the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

vitani wrote: »
    I'm a glutton for punishment - I keep logging onto the Facebook page even though most of the comments there are annoying me. People really will find an excuse to complain about everything.

I dunno what people would have to complain about. ..I thought it was really well organised and I much prefer the route change. I couldn't fault the event itself...just my own lead legs lol

Ah tiny penguin don't say that!! Im gutted enough about not sneaking in under the hour as it is!

• Advertisement

I dunno what people would have to complain about. ..I thought it was really well organised and I much prefer the route change. I couldn't fault the event itself...just my own lead legs lol

Ah tiny penguin don't say that!! Im gutted enough about not sneaking in under the hour as it is!

I'm popping out for an evening herald now cos I just can't wait for the results to show online. I trained so hard the past 3 months and will be gutted not to get under the hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I didn't hear anything about the timings being out, but I haven't been on facebook this morning. My timing per Mapmyrun was more or less the same as the start and finish line. But my distance was off - it said I did nearly 10.9km! :eek: I didn't think I zig-zagged that much as I was in the joggers section and I didn't go up the ucd ramp for water/toilets!

I'm popping out for an evening herald now cos I just can't wait for the results to show online. I trained so hard the past 3 months and will be gutted not to get under the hour!

Good luck! Might head out myself and get it after lunch...wouldn't it be great if we read the clock wrong and we got a few minutes off!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I didn't hear anything about the timings being out, but I haven't been on facebook this morning. My timing per Mapmyrun was more or less the same as the start and finish line. But my distance was off - it said I did nearly 10.9km! :eek: I didn't think I zig-zagged that much as I was in the joggers section and I didn't go up the ucd ramp for water/toilets!

The GPS on my runkeeper was definitely out. It logged me as 10.6km overall. I think it was ahead of itself for the first km or so and then corrected itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Good luck! Might head out myself and get it after lunch...wouldn't it be great if we read the clock wrong and we got a few minutes off!

It's really annoying that the results are not available on line yet. I presume there is some agreement in place to boost sales of the Herald, so we all go out and buy the paper rather than wait for the website to be updated!

• Advertisement

Didn't buy the herald but had a cheeky look at the listings! 59min 43 seconds! Am delighted! The organisation this year was much better than other years anduch preferred the new route! Weather was very tough, hot and humid but was a great day altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭derb12

That's brilliant ... I've been those few seconds over the hour a couple of times and it's so annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

vitani wrote: »

I'm not on FB - what's everyone saying? I actually didn't think it went as smoothly as usual, not enough toilets, no signage to baggage from finish line. Maybe we've been spoilt because usually its perfect

You can get results online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Yay I qualify for runner next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Couple of seconds quicker than my phone, but probably due to finding a safe place after the finish line to slow down and not get mowed down. 1 hour 24 - not brill but I had an ankle injury a couple of weeks ago and had done little or no training the last three weeks. Plus, I found it hard to get my breath yesterday and I don't have breathing problems.

Someone else has the same name as me but from the next county and did it in 58 mins! :rolleyes: Do you think I could pass it off as me?! :p

The ticker was working alright. ..my time was 63 mins *rollseyes* ....person above me in the paper got 47 mins!! Must do better!

I notice quite a few people with 0:00:00 times. They are separate from the DNFs at the end. I wonder are they the ones who took a shortcut?
    If you do a search for a common name like Kelly or Mary there are a bunch of zeros at the top of the page - this doesn't come up in 2013 or before.
    [Note to self: definitely spending too long analysing this!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

derb12 wrote: »
    I notice quite a few people with 0:00:00 times. They are separate from the DNFs at the end. I wonder are they the ones who took a shortcut?
    If you do a search for a common name like Kelly or Mary there are a bunch of zeros at the top of the page - this doesn't come up in 2013 or before.

Maybe they are all the ones that started early so never crossed the start mat but did cross the finish line?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

derb12 wrote: »

I just did the exact same thing. I was trying to find out the longest times so I put in the name Mary... must stop looking at the list now.... pleased with my own time, that should be enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Was thrilled with my time yesterday, new pb by almost 3 minutes :D
    Wasn't so thrilled with the water stations being so far away from the finish though. I was retching and dizzy at the end, and I remember looking down at the water station thinking 'how the fcuk am I gonna get myself down there?!'

Having to go through the medal collection point before getting to water too was a bad move. There were two of the girl who handed me my medal! If they'd had the water up where the medals were it'd have been a lot better.

All that said, the atmosphere was fantastic, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
    Great job to everyone who completed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lindie Naughton had a trawl through the Mini Marathon results and collated some numbers ...

http://lindienaughton.com/womens-mini-marathon-the-stats-sort-of/

Advertisement