Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a good acupuncturist?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Who is good for sinus issues especially?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ecoone

I wouldn't say that acupuncture is absolute quackery, but there are some things that it can just never do. For example, it will never cure amputees. If your sinus problem is linked to an allergy, I suppose an acupuncturist might be able to follow some line of logic in treating you. On the other hand, if you have an infection deep in your maxillary sinus, I'd be inclined to advise you see a GP and get the right kind of antibiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ecoone wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that acupuncture is absolute quackery, but there are some things that it can just never do. For example, it will never cure amputees. If your sinus problem is linked to an allergy, I suppose an acupuncturist might be able to follow some line of logic in treating you. On the other hand, if you have an infection deep in your maxillary sinus, I'd be inclined to advise you see a GP and get the right kind of antibiotic.

or if it's an allergy, an antihistamine or nasal spray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Actually my GP told me to give it a go! He didn't know of any good places to go to though..hence my post! He seemed to think it might do something for me as all other avenues (antihistamines etc!) have failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ecoone

Some people experience sinus issues as a result of an undiscovered intolerance to dairy. This is a wild guess, but maybe you could consider cutting it out for a while and see if it helps.

As you've posted this in the Galway City forum, you will probably get some replies from people that know some acupuncturists there. I am in Waterford myself so I don't know of any. You could try some of the health stores. They sometimes keep lists of people licensed to practice alternative medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Ecoone wrote: »
    Some people experience sinus issues as a result of an undiscovered intolerance to dairy. This is a wild guess, but maybe you could consider cutting it out for a while and see if it helps.

As you've posted this in the Galway City forum, you will probably get some replies from people that know some acupuncturists there. I am in Waterford myself so I don't know of any. You could try some of the health stores. They sometimes keep lists of people licensed to practice alternative medicine.

Thanks! I haven't taken dairy for years though.
    Hopefully someone will come back with a recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I go to carecure in loughrea for a different issue and i find them great. Very reasonable though their treatment rooms are a bit shabby, who cares once ur getting a good service though! They have a branch in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Marguerite Fallon is very good. I have been to her in the past for Sinus and it really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I've also been told that I should try acupuncture. Never got around to it.

Are they expensive, does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I've also been told that I should try acupuncture. Never got around to it.

Are they expensive, does anyone know.

Carecure is 40 euro per session. Thats loughrea so maybe im getting non city prices. Husband went to someone in oranmore and it was e50, he also found it excellent.

i think its money well spent anyway. I can claim half back on heath insurance up to a point

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Mitra in Oranmore Acupuncture clinic is excellent. I would highly recommend her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement