Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSV and Equaliser Valve

Options
  • 28-02-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

I have a problem. While in Spain earlier this month we had a Drive-Rite semi-air suspension installed as our 1999 X230 was suffering badly in the winds. The spring assisters were quite deteriorated.

I speak little Spanish and the mechanic had zero English but was reported to install one system a week.

I noticed he did not adjust the Load Sensing Valve, which was described in the instructions.

When we got off the ferry yesterday [Rosslare, we live in Ireland], we drove 20 some km to Wexford campground. Then this morning we were setting off for home in Limerick and we found we had zero brakes. The AA and then local [100 metres] Opel garage confirmed the brake equalisation valve was leaking.

The Opel garage has ordered a new part for Monday.

So:
    1. could the equalisation valve failure be related to the air suspension installation?
    2. how should the LSV be adjusted?

I tried to see this in ePER but couldn't puzzle it out.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

JonMac wrote: »
    I have a problem. While in Spain earlier this month we had a Drive-Rite semi-air suspension installed as our 1999 X230 was suffering badly in the winds. The spring assisters were quite deteriorated.

I speak little Spanish and the mechanic had zero English but was reported to install one system a week.

I noticed he did not adjust the Load Sensing Valve, which was described in the instructions.

When we got off the ferry yesterday [Rosslare, we live in Ireland], we drove 20 some km to Wexford campground. Then this morning we were setting off for home in Limerick and we found we had zero brakes. The AA and then local [100 metres] Opel garage confirmed the brake equalisation valve was leaking.

The Opel garage has ordered a new part for Monday.

So:
    1. could the equalisation valve failure be related to the air suspension installation?
    2. how should the LSV be adjusted?

I tried to see this in ePER but couldn't puzzle it out.

Thanks.
    The 'van would be sitting at a different height , so the valve would be operating in a different zone. Hence any crud in it may have damaged a seal. Or else he did adjust it , but wrongly and it was bottoming out or over extending.

Advertisement