Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 11 results

• 28-02-2014 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭

Ravens beat the CPU Rams 45 - 10

Threw two stupid picks and so just concentrated on the run afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Buccs seem to have gone TD crazy in Jacksonville.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

And score crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Apologies. Stopped paying attention and went a touchdown too far. I''ll take whatever punishment is deemed fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hawks beat the Vikings 34-21
    On the second play of the game Richard Sherman stands up AP while the other member of the legion of boom cam chancellor put in a hit that put Peterson out for the game! (Ruptured disc- only out for 1 week??!!!??)
    Great to have lynch back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons beat the Texans 45-43.

Once again it was big plays that let the Falcons down with Arian Foster ripping off a few big runs and a few big pass plays from Schaub to the Texan receivers. However, both the Falcons run and pass game were working well which allowed them to manage the clock and keep drives alive. Add to that two Texan turnovers to the Falcons zero and it was always going to be close.

My young rookie RB is out for the season. He was only a couple of hundred yards from making his season goal which would have got him a lot of XP. However, it's never a bad thing to have SJax as a replacement!

Good game giffney, good luck with your season. Hope I haven't hurt your playoff chances too much

• Advertisement

Nick Fairly out for the run in, Heli will like thus news

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm planning for next season!

I'm planning for next season!

Sure you are, 6-4 in 2nd place, a favourable run in, Titans are not planning for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Jaysus lads, I think only his drive where he was only 3 points up, I got him to 4-5 3rd downs and he got each ken everytime!

Was screaming at my defense!

Great game gatsby, I'll be in the playoffs I'd say, but you might have taken possible 1st seed from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints suffer defeat for the first time this season against the Lions, 34-24.

I'll let Gary do up the match report but it was a well deserved win for him.

Looking at our relevant stats before the game I thought it would prove a very difficult game for me and so that proved to be the case as the Lions are brilliant at stopping the run (my strength on offense) and brilliant at passing the ball on offense (my weakness on defense).

I threw two picks and didn't force one stop or turnover and was 14-0 down before I knew it which isn't going to get it done.

Well done Gary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

Thanks Paully, yeh was a good game. When you started throwing more in the second half I got worried because Graham and Colston were getting acres of room to make big plays. To be honest, Calvin was my go to guy on third downs and without a few good catches in the second and third I wouldn't have gotten Stafford over from 5 yards which essentially won the game for me with only a few mins left and a 17 point lead.

A good drive from the Saints though went over 80 yards and left the score at 34 - 24 (I completely ran out of ideas how to stop his passing attack in the end..) Luckily I recovered the Onside Kick and ran the clock down with only a minute or so left. Good game though, I enjoyed it. I think the 14-0 start really helped me and luck was on my side with the Bush pitch that went 30+ yards for the second td.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

9ers lucky to escape with a win against the browns! Ended 42-40 with 9ers last TD coming ten seconds from the end.

Gonna go for a nap after that and calm down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Carroller wrote: »
    9ers lucky to escape with a win against the browns! Ended 42-40 with 9ers last TD coming ten seconds from the end.

Gonna go for a nap after that and calm down!

Gutted new i should have went down rather than taking the touchdown just left too much time on the clock still it was a nice drive by you to get down the field.

This was by far Weedens best game 528 yards and 4 tds and 2 ints and gordon with 195 and a touchdown hopefully season three will be when the Browns come good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well that was annoying, usual Madden thing for me I guess, can't stop anyone, had the game in hand, scores tied, moving the ball well on the ground, screen pass, no one blocks the linebacker for some reason, he hits the HB, fumble, defense recover game over.

Well done to the Colts.

Not sure I deserve to make the play offs anyway.

Colts beat the Bengals in a game that could've gone either way as both defenses were muck, at 28-28 with 3mins left, Bengals had the ball marching down the Field when Antoine Bethea appeared out of nowhere and forced a fumble, Colts took the ball, ran the clock down and kicked a last second Field Goal.

Very unlucky Adrian to lose it but i'll take it after my losses to the Buccs and Saints.

Up next for the Colts is the Texans :( and Arian 'screeeeeen 'Foster ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Colts beat the Bengals in a game that could've gone either way as both defenses were muck, at 28-28 with 3mins left, Bengals had the ball marching down the Field when Antoine Bethea appeared out of nowhere and forced a fumble, Colts took the ball, ran the clock down and kicked a last second Field Goal.

Very unlucky Adrian to lose it but i'll take it after my losses to the Buccs and Saints.

Up next for the Colts is the Texans :( and Arian 'screeeeeen 'Foster ;)

Don't forget the disconnecting now...I'll take all my fame!

Don't forget the disconnecting now...I'll take all my fame!

Jeez sorry ok here goes, The Disconnecting, Internet dropping, Game Simming Texans and Arian ''Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen'' Foster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints suffer defeat for the first time this season against the Lions, 34-24.

I'll let Gary do up the match report but it was a well deserved win for him.

Looking at our relevant stats before the game I thought it would prove a very difficult game for me and so that proved to be the case as the Lions are brilliant at stopping the run (my strength on offense) and brilliant at passing the ball on offense (my weakness on defense).

I threw two picks and didn't force one stop or turnover and was 14-0 down before I knew it which isn't going to get it done.

Well done Gary.

Can't imagine that you will fancy getting any of the NFC north teams in the playoffs. I also ran you very close (you got a winner in OT) and I also stopped your run game a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Berty led the Jets to a rather easy win over the Eagles, truth be told. Can't remember final score, but it perhaps 49-28, or something similar.

Couldn't get near him when he had the ball, and he made some nice stops on me at times. At work and don't have any stats with me, so Berty might perhaps fill in a few more details.

Good game anyway, man, and it was great talking to ya. Best of luck with the rest of your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep great chatting Knex. I got some stops early in the game which were crucial and gave the advantage to the Jets and made it difficult for the Eagles. Some lucky ones, one where your receiver had a clear 1st down but dropped the ball when hit, another when the WR's route ended up just short when it was completed. Eagles were unable to force a jet punt until late in the 3rd quarter while the Jets forced 3 punts and got a pair of interceptions. Eagles return team were very dangerous all day and two long kickoff returns gave them great field position and on both occasions they quickly converted to scores

Geno Smith had a near perfect day 20/21 for 5 TD's. Matt Barkley 16/23 with a pair of TD's and Interceptions. LeSean McCoy was limited to 25yds off 8 carries mainly due to the need to throw the ball being behind. Jets backs combined for 155yds off 23 carries, Goodson chalking off a 75yd TD run being the most significant run of the day. Jets WR Clyde Gates had 9 receptions for 123yds and a TD while for the Eagles Jeremy Maclin had 6 for 110 and a TD, TY Hilton also having a fine game.

Best of luck for the rest of your season, you should make the playoffs and will give anyone a tough game once you get there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement