Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 28 Match Day Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Was Yobo at fault for any of Norwich's goals today does anyone know? Basically looking for anything that might help Ryan Bennett get a start against Stoke!
    Yobo is playing in North America with Nigeria on Wednesday night so won't be back in England until late Thursday. Would be a quick turnaround for a 1500 Saturday kickoff (at least that's what I'm telling myself as a fellow R. Bennett owner).
    There's also this: http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/252549-Bassong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Finished with this stupid friggin game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭G1032

Finished with this stupid friggin game :(

I've told myself that 10 times already this season but still plugging away.
    I just want the season to end though but I won't give up. It's been one long FF nightmare..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »
    I've told myself that 10 times already this season but still plugging away.
    I just want the season to end though but I won't give up. It's been one long FF nightmare..........

+1 it's been pretty bad stuff. Thought after Saturday I'd finally make ground on my main rival as I was over 20pts ahead with Olsson and Adebayor to play, he had Adebayor, Benteke and Bacuna! Did not see that Villa result coming. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Suarez (c) delivers.

Two free transfers for next week.

Probably bank one and ship Mert for Evra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Easy Rod wrote: »
    76 thanks to skipper Benteke. Up to 5k now.

Lucky/brave/idiot. Delete as appropriate.

You're right behind me in the Boards Cash League. For once being a Villa fan actually works out :)

56 for me sees my second bad score and second red arrow in a row. Fallen to 4k. Messed up my captain choice again - Suarez over Sturridge last week and Ade over Suarez/Hazard this week. Luckily my rival went with Sturridge again so I ended up beating him by a point, which didn't look likely after yesterday. We both have Ince so while his possible injury would be annoying it's not the end of the world.

A huge amount depends on the next 3 weeks, I've 25 points to make back on my rival and would want to have cut that in half by the time the whistle blows on GW31. Looking at 9 starters for next week if Ince plays - 10 once I swap Evra in for Mert. This weekend is all about clean sheets! All my differentials will be in defence - Terry, Evra and Marshall. Pointless having extra players if they only bag 1 or 2 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Unexpected bp's for Bacuna,finished on 56 which was ok but led to lots of red arrows,I can't catch the guy topping one league I won last season despite the fact he hasn't touched his team in months.It's captain Suarez & vc Hazard constantly for him plus he just seems to luck out with other players.Gonna be beaten by a zombie team unless something dramatic happens.

City's first goal against Sunderland was Yaya (Zabaleta) - The two players I just sold! Aguero seemed to play well, having a few shots before 'assisting the assister' for Nasri's goal. Yaya then assisted Navas for the final goal. As much as I want Gerrard for the DGW it really is very difficult to look past Yaya. Every time I justify not having him he goes and runs the show again. Would have been 13 points from the big man yesterday. At least I'll be able to buy him back a lot cheaper than I sold him! Aguero is a must though, and with Adebayor still trying to shake off an injury and Soldado back on the scoresheet it seems such an obvious transfer after this weekend if you have the cash. Next 2 gameweeks after GW29:

Adebayor: Arsenal (H), Southampton (H)
    Aguero: Hull (A), Fulham (H) + United (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm already giving it to the inevitable that Yaya is a must have. He is just having one of those seasons where evry time he geta near the goal he scores. With Pelligrini's new penchant for bringing on Garcia and throwing Yaya forward, both when chasing a game as against Norwich and when defending a lead as yesterday (at Silvas expense btw) it looks like he has come to the same conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm already giving it to the inevitable that Yaya is a must have. He is just having one of those seasons where evry time he geta near the goal he scores. With Pelligrini's new penchant for bringing on Garcia and throwing Yaya forward, both when chasing a game as against Norwich and when defending a lead as yesterday (at Silvas expense btw) it looks like he has come to the same conclusion.

Meanwhile Silva is doing nothing....

Yeah Silva has totally gone off the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yobo is playing in North America with Nigeria on Wednesday night so won't be back in England until late Thursday. Would be a quick turnaround for a 1500 Saturday kickoff (at least that's what I'm telling myself as a fellow R. Bennett owner).
    There's also this: http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/252549-Bassong
    I don't know if this is good or bad news for Bennett's starting chances: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26433716

Advertisement