Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton V Liverpool - Saturday 1st March 2014 - Kick off 5:30pm

• 28-02-2014 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

6g17.png

The Saints unbeaten in the last 5 home games in all competitions, And with a great record against Liverpool of late, Should be well up for this game infront of the televisions cameras after last weeks 3-1 lost to West Ham.

Late goals and winning games when not playing very well is the hallmark of potential champions (i heard) Liverpool are only 4 points behind the leaders Chelsea, And are the leagues top scorers coming into this game.

Southampton beat Liverpool 3-1 at St Marys last season and have won 3 in a row at home against them.

My Prediction: Southampton 1 Liverpool 2 (surprise, surprise :))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

1rd.

Should be a good contest. Expecting a Liverpool win but Southampton could put it up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was thinking about doing up a match thread earlier but I think we're gonna lose this and I didn't want to ruin my 100% win rate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think this is the toughest of our remaining games, a win would be a super result, our defense needs to wake the fcuk up though if we are to have any chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Was thinking about doing up a match thread earlier but I think we're gonna lose this and I didn't want to ruin my 100% win rate :D

My first attempt, so hopefully a good omen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

jamaamaj wrote: »
    My first attempt, so hopefully a good omen ;)

May the force be with you/us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I predict Liverpool to come from behind and draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd like to put forward a motion for a do-over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A 7-6 win for Liverpool -Skertl to atone for an earlier own goal with a 95th winner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

A crucial game for the title protagonist's. A massive day for the match-thread coming so soon after Utd's loss in Greece!

Fun evening in store

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tough game for liverpool and a vital one. A win and thats definetly the end of utd's top 4 hopes and could infact see Utd field a bit of a weakened team against liverpool which is 3 days before the olympiakos 2nd leg. If liverpool lose/draw and utd beat wba and then utd beat liverpool the gap will be at 5/6 pts and I for one will be getting nervous again.
    I'll go 1 1 or 2 1 liverpool with suarez back in the goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Soton have only won one of their last 5 home games, they are also shipping goals at home which they certainly weren't doing in the opening third of the season.

They have nothing to play for in one sense but I'm sure Liverpool will give them every chance to win! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Must charge up the defribulator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

imageswrong-day.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Is there anything to be said for a thread closure and a new one started by CSON?

It can't be just me who is thinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is there anything to be said for a thread closure and a new one started by CSON?

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

Is Shako back?

Would like to see Suarez weave some magic tomorrow and score before he explodes and does something mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We'll be lucky to get a draw in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

[QUOTE=hangballlouie;89244868]Is there anything to be said for a thread closure and a new one started by CSON?

It can't be just me who is thinking it.[/QUOTE]

jsvb.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hendo to score from 60 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Who starts the threads have no consequences on the match.

I can only see a Liverpool win.

Not too confident going into this game tbh.

Southampton will score at least 2 so Liverpool will probably need at least 3 to win. Presuming my maths is right of course..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Really not confident in this match, Southampton have been our bogey team for a while.

I hope for a win, but would be happy with a draw. Especially with our away form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

This is like predicting the unpredictable but ill give it a bash 2-2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

0-1 to Liverpool...expect a truly professional perferm.....

Bah who am I kidding. 2-4 to Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'll be happy if we just match the result with what Man U get, I don't want to be going to Old Trafford with them having a motivation of making a sizable stride to closing the gap.

I'll be happy if we just match the result with what Man U get, I don't want to be going to Old Trafford with them having a motivation of making a sizable stride to closing the gap.

Utd don't play this weekend do they?

Spurs and Everton are closer to Liverpool too.

Both will probably win this weekend too so I'd be more concerned about them atm particularly Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Certainly a feeling about this game that it will say a lot about Liverpool's status as title challengers.

It's one of our more difficult matches left. To win the title were probably looking at having to get 9 wins from 11 (certainly at least 8), so not much room for slip ups.

The fact we've already lost to Soton, our away form is still perhaps questionable, our back line is still weakened and looking vulnerable - there's a lot of reasons why Liverpool fans are wary of this match.

So a win would feel massive and a big statment.

Hard to predict.

I'll go 1-2 with a very nervy ending

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd don't play this weekend do they?

Spurs and Everton are closer to Liverpool too.

Both will probably win this weekend too so I'd be more concerned about them atm particularly Spurs.

They not playing West Brom?

edit You're right, weird that.

They not playing West Brom?

edit You're right, weird that.

Supposee to play City I think but they are in the league cup final tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liverpool wont win this, i was sceptical before but when someone that has a name thats a palindrome makes a game thread.....well, who know what can happen.

2-0 Southampton

• Advertisement

Gonna go out on a limb and say 9-10 Liverpool, hat trick from Kolo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gonna go out on a limb and say 9-10 Liverpool, hat trick from Kolo.

At which end though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What's the latest on Sakho and Lucas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Think we will be ok, 3-1 Sturridge brace and Sterling with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Going 1-3 pool
    Luis to be back amongst the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What's the latest on Sakho and Lucas?

Both back in full training but not in todays squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Supposee to play City I think but they are in the league cup final tomorrow.

Thats it. They play WBA next week when we have no game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

1-5 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Southampton are back in form and playing well. A draw away from home would be an acceptable result and keep us on track for top 4. A win though would just be epic and keep us right in title contention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Liverpool have the best attack force in the league. They also have a awful defence
    Goals at both ends

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have no real idea whatsoever how this game will go today. Southampton are 13/5 on PP though (so probably closer to 3/1 in some places), which is a crazy price really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

5starpool wrote: »
    I have no real idea whatsoever how this game will go today. Southampton are 13/5 on PP though (so probably closer to 3/1 in some places), which is a crazy price really.

Yeah was looking at the DNB market, on best prices it's a 63.7%/38.5% split in Liverpool's favour. Intuitively, would have thought it'd be at most around 57%/43%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

very nervous about this one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Blatter wrote: »
    Yeah was looking at the DNB market, on best prices it's a 63.7%/38.5% split in Liverpool's favour. Intuitively, would have thought it'd be at most around 57%/43%.

Hardly shocking that a market involving Liverpool would be skewed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Who starts the threads have no consequences on the match.

I can only see a Liverpool win. If Moses starts.

And all this time I've been living a lie. Thanks for setting me straight Orange.

Oh I fixed your post mate, can't believe you left out that part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Like it or lump it, if we want to win the title we have to win today. I know it's not an easy task, but that's the task nonetheless.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think Southampton are at the same level they were earlier in the season, they've faded badly since christmas and I reckon Liverpool will turn them over handily enough but won't keep a clean sheet. 3-1 to the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Is this being televised today? Thinking of going to the pub to watch

Edit: see its on ss1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I think Southampton away probably invokes more fear that it really should. We were without Suarez and Coutinho for the game at home. Lovren is a big miss for them. Respective forms point to us. I always expected that on the home stretch of the season that Southampton would start to look tired given the size of squad and nature of their high intensity pressing game which I think is starting to show a little. Fully expecting us to win.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

SSN mentioned a while ago that Sakho could make the squad today. Lucas still out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think Southampton are at the same level they were earlier in the season, they've faded badly since christmas and I reckon Liverpool will turn them over handily enough but won't keep a clean sheet. 3-1 to the pool.

Yep. They have faded badly since Xmas, and since the turn of the year Liverpool's form has been excellent.

What Southampton do have in their favour is the fact that Liverpool this season have stuttered against thems that were very well organised in the centre, and who could defend well on the flanks. Southampton are such a team and need to be seen, by the Liverpool players, as a team that is a threat rather than one that will be swept aside.

I don't like how Southampton set up at home, and think that set up is a very good counter to how Liverpool like to press high up the pitch.

As obvious as it sounds, I think Liverpool need to score early and then pile on the pressure. The longer the game gets to become a tactical war of attrition the more it plays to Southampton's strengths.

I fancy a Liverpool win, 1-2 or 1-3, but ,other than the Man U game at Old Trafford, this is the game that bothers me the most from the remaining LFC fixtures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement